Blue Hair (Benny Rodriguez)

Since it was me and Benny's 1 year of dating anniversary, I decided to step it up a notch.

I took a deep breath. I was so scared right now. I mix the bleach and I get to work.

"Ah, mom, it burns!" I screech. She rushes in. She helps me do the rest. I rinse out the bleach. I sigh in satisfaction. Time for color. I take out the box dye. I open the top and squirt it into the bowl.

"Honey, are you sure Benny's going to like it?" She mumbles, splitting my hair into sections.

"I hope so, ma." I mumble. "It's our 1 year dating anniversary, he has to like it, right?" I say nervously.

"Yes, of course, my little angel." She helps me spread the blue dye into my head. After we finished, I let it soak into my bleached hair for about 30 minutes, longer if needed. After about 35 minutes, I decided it was time to rinse. In the meantime, I decided to go with the color blue because Benny wears that color everyday, and he and the boys told me it was his favorite color. I loved the color blue, too. I hit my head on the metal sink divider.

"Ah, shit!" I hiss under my breath.

"What was that, sweetheart?" I hear my mother from behind me ask. Shit.

"Never mind." I mumble quickly. She hums in response.

After we blow-dried my hair, it was done. My whole head was blue and it looked awesome. I smirk, looking at myself in the mirror.

"It really is your color, sis." Scotty scared me.

"Jesus, Scotty," I mumble. "But thank you." I nod. "Do you like he's gonna even like it?"

He scoffs. "Of course he will! If he doesn't, his ass will be up in the sky." He argues. I giggle. "Ready to go?"

I nod. I quickly put my hair into French-Braids. I sigh in satisfaction. Scotty and I run out the door with our gloves.

We finally get to the field.

"Hey, guys!" Scotty exclaims. They all wave. Benny runs over to me.

"Hey, bab- what happened to your hair?" He gasps, taking my hair into his hands with a smile on his face.

"I colored it!" I shriek.

"I love it!" He exclaims.

"Good, because I did it for you." I mumble.

"What?" His smile fades. "What do you mean?"

I sigh. "I colored my hair blue because I knew you loved the color blue. It's also our one year dating anniversary and I wanted to step it up a notch.

"Aw, thank you, baby." He kisses me. "I have something at my house for you, let's just play a little longer, then we can go?" He checks. I nod in response.