Group Project (Benny Rodriguez)

"You will have 2 nights to complete this project. Find a group of 5." My teacher, Mrs. Hall, told us. I smirk and turn around to see Yeah-Yeah behind me.

"I'll beat ya." He smirks.

"Oh, no you don't!" I run around the desks over to Smalls and Bertram. "You're in my group now!"

"Okay!" Smalls exclaims. I smirk to Yeah-Yeah. Bertram walks away.

Yeah-Yeah groans. "So, what should we do?" I ask.

"I have the perfect idea. (I have no idea how to talk science so don't come for me 😀) "How about... we make a windmill and then connect a wire and plug it in?" He asks.

"Wouldn't that make your house blow up?" I furrow my brows.

"No?" He chuckles. I nod.

"I've learned from experience, by the way." I chuckle nervously. His eyes widen and he backs away from me. Benny then walks over to us.

"Hey." He smiles and looks at Smalls and I. I nod my head to him.

"Wanna be in our group?" Smalls asks. Benny nods.

The bell rings. I run back to my desk and pack up very quickly.

"Beat ya to the Sandlot!" Benny laughs.

"Dammit!" I call. I throw my backpack on and run out in the halls.

"EXCUSE ME! WALKING!" A teacher calls. I laugh and continue to race Benny. I outrun him. I get to the Sandlot. I collapse on the ground.

"That was like a 10 minute run, Y/N!" Benny collapsed next to me. I nod. My chest my rising up and down.

I throw my backpack to Benny. "Grab- grab t-the water!" I gasp. He unzips my bag and throws me the water. I gulp it down.

"Hey! I need some!" He exclaims. My eyes widen. I spit the rest that was in my mouth out. (Lucas, is that you?)

"Here." I smile and hand him the bottle.

"Alright." He gulps in down.

"BENJAMIN FRANKLIN RODRIGUEZ. THAT IS DISGUSTING!" I scream. He shrugs and puts his head on my lap.

"Where is everyone?" He sighs. I shrug.

"Speak of the devil." I mumble and sit up. I look down at Benny. He furrows his eyebrows. "Look." I point to the team running into the field. They were coming straight towards us. Benny shoots up and grabs my hand, and yanks me to the side.

"Oof!" I land on top of him. I giggle. He kisses me passionately. I hold his face. He throws me on the ground and gets on top of me, our lips still connected.

"GUYS!" Ham screams. I shove Benny off and stand up, brushing off my shorts and black crop top. I chuckle nervously.

"Cmon, princess." Benny mumbles before taking my hand. "Plus, I've wanted to do that all day."

I giggle at the words.