Rain (Benny Rodriguez)

I was at second base. I took a lead when the ball went past the other teams catcher.

My coach signals me the 'steal' sign. I run over to third base.

"Up. Up!" He says. That means I don't need to slide. "Good job, kid." He nods. "When the ball goes past the catcher, run."

I nod.

"GO GO GO!" He yells. I sprit to home. By the time I was there, the pitcher had the ball and was trying to tag me. I slide into home. It started raining when I got to home base. The field was now all muddy, and so was I.

"Safe!" The umpire throws his arms into a straight line.

"Yeah!" My teammates cheer. I laugh and run over while taking off my helmet.

I walk over to my bag and get some water.

"Hey, princess." I hear Benny mumble into my neck.

"Hey, Ben. I haven't see you all day!" I gasp as I put my water on the bench. He giggles.

"Yeah, had to go to the Sandlot." He nods. I sigh.

"Well, I got the 5th score, so I gotta go back out on the field and play." I chuckle. He nods understandably. I grab my glove and run out to pitcher. I picked up the ball and wiped the mud off of it. I gag because now my hands were slippery.

I run over to my coach. "Coach, can I have a new ball?" I ask. He nods and runs into the dugout. He comes back and hands me one. "Thanks." I nod and run out back into the field. I had a few practice pitches. I pitch the ball and it goes straight into the catchers mitt.

"Nice!" Gwen cheers. I shake my head, laughing. I got three more pitches.

"Balls in, comin' down!" Gwen shouts and gets into a crouching position. The first batter of the inning went into her stance.

"Cmon, Y/N!" I hear the Sandlot team cheer. I smile. I go into my windup. The ball leaves my hand and straight into the catchers mitt.

"Strike one!" The umpire calls. Gwen throws the ball back to me. I take a deep breath. I pitch the ball again and the girl hits it right towards me. I leap down the dive for the ball, jumping back up and putting my right foot in front of my left foot and throwing the ball. (It's a drill I do at softball) The ball gets to our first basemen, Connie. The first out of the inning.

"Nice!" Benny cheers from the other side of the fence. I give him a thumbs up, him returning it. I get to the mound. I wipe the ball on my softball pants. I put the ball in my dominant hand. I go into my windup.

"Ball one!" The umpire

"Cmon, Y/N! Don't let it get to you!" Kenny calls. I nod to him. I go back into my windup.

"Ball two!" I groan at the call.

"What?! That was a strike!" Squints calls. The Sandlot team nods along. I go into my windup again.

"Strike one!" My team cheers.

We get three outs and I go back into the dugout.

Benny comes into the dugout.

"Y/N!" Gwen whispers. I go over to her. "You're dating the Benny Rodriguez?"

I giggle. "Yup."

She gasps. "I'm so jealous!"

I laugh. Benny comes up to me and puts his arms around my waist.

"Hello there, Gwen." Benny smiles. She furrows her eyes brows. "She talks about this team all the time."

"Ah." Gwen laughs. She walks away.

"The games over, what do you wanna do?" I ask. I sigh and roll my eyes. "The score was 12-3" I laugh. "And yes, we're the winning team."

"Yes!" He cheers. I giggle. He kisses me passionately. "We could go to my house and get you cleaned up, then maybe watch some movies?"

"I'd love that." I smile. My hair was all wet now, and so was Benny's. We kiss again. It felt like the Spider-Man kiss. (JEALOUS.) Benny pulls away. I pack up my stuff. I see Benny shake his head like a wet dog to get the water out of his hair. I throw my bat-bag onto my back. Benny puts his arm around my shoulder and leads me out of the field.