Chapter 03: Alien?

Kun woke up with a huge yawn, surprised his alarm didn't ring

Kun woke up with a huge yawn, surprised his alarm didn't ring.  Right, he had forgotten to place the new clock.

He turned to his other side to get a little more sleep by hugging his little soft toy which he.... never had?

He opened his eyes, widening them at the sight of a sleeping Seven; in his bed, under his covers, in his arms. He knew he couldn't wake her up; he didn't want a headache early in the morning so he stayed silent.

He was watching her up close for the first time. She smelled like his citrus body wash, with a rose tint on her cheeks. She snuggled closer to him to keep herself safe from the cold.

It was indeed cold, and the sky looked like it had been raining all night.

But how did Seven end up in his bed?

Jumping back to last night, there were pretty loud thunder and lightnings accompanied by heavy rain. Seven couldn't sleep a wink because of it, experiencing such weather for the first time. She was curious as to how humans survived this type of attack.

Not knowing what to do, she decided to go and tell Kun about it, but how? Not only because of the language barrier, but also because he was fast asleep.

How could he sleep in that time of attack? All she could do was get into the bed and hide under the covers of her alien protector, hugging him tightly.

That's how she ended up in his bed; scared.

"She must've been scared." Kun mumbled to himself, slowly sliding his arm out from underneath her head.

He decided to get his daily cup of coffee and watch some news while he peacefully drank it. While making it, he thought of Seven. He knew she would not be asleep for long.

So he made two cups instead.

Heading over to the living room, he turned on the TV and watched the journalist getting hyped up about some stupid land degradation in the forest. "I swear they really don't get any legit news these days." He rolled his eyes, drinking the coffee.

"Kun?"

Great, she was awake.

"Yeah, I'm right here." He held the bridge of his nose in irritation. "Kun." She smiled brightly, standing in front of him and the TV with the covers ravelled around her, making her look like some villian magician.

"Wha-" Kun chuckled, motioning her to sit. "Kun." She said again, sitting beside him. "Seven." He sighed, assuming that this was how they would greet each other. "Drink." He gave her the mug.

She drank it thinking it was the divine juice, only to splatter it back into the cup.

"Woah, easy there. What happened?" Kun placed his cup on the table, rubbing her back while she coughed. She handed the cup back to him, rejecting the weird and maybe poisonous drink.