Chapter 06: The Inspection

"Kun, are you alright?" Joe asked

"Yeah, I just couldn't sleep last night." Kun replied, wiping a bead of sweat off his temples. "You look pretty bad." Joe shifted closer to mutter in his ear.

"Thank you, Joe. You tell me this right before the inspection. Thanks a lot." Kun mocked, rolling his eyes. They were waiting for the guests' arrival to begin the product inspection.

Only Kun knew how he managed to sleep that night. With Seven shifting and snuggling under the blanket while pushing up on him in short intervals, he was going crazy.

Not in the other way, he was actually going crazy; not being able to sleep a wink. The thunder did not help either. Seven was just like a small kitten beside him, getting scared with every little noise. She was the type of kitten that one wanted to cuddle to sleep, but she just wouldn't choose a sleeping position. She kept fidgeting and changing sides.

In her defense, Livians had zero gravity beds, so they basically levitated while sleeping. No worrying about mattresses, no bedrooms.

Secretly, Kun could not get the picture of Seven in that hot lingerie out of his head. But that was a whole another reason for him not being able to sleep. Seven's side shifting stayed the primary reason.

"Do I really look that bad?" Kun asked. "If I were you, I'd wanna get a makeover." Joe replied. "God, I cannot attend it like this. I'm out of here." Kun stood up, buttoning his blazer. "Wait, what am I going to say to them?" Joe called after him loudly.

"Tell them I had some important work. If they ask what it was, tell them it's confidential. The others are here with you anyways."

"Okay, now nobody cares that much, Kun." Joe scoffed. "You're talking too much. Keep in mind you haven't received your paycheck yet." Kun threatened. "I'll manage everything." Joe smiled.

Kun walked out of the showroom, heading towards the main door. He almost did not notice the person standing on the other side until he was about to bump into them.

"Oh, my apologies, sir." Kun apologized, giving a guilty smile. "Please, call me doctor." The person chuckled. "I'm here for the inspection as the critic."

"May I please know your name?" Kun asked, motioning him towards the showroom. "Dr. Lez Mërich." He smirked, walking behind him.

"Oh, I see. We were supposed to be meeting for the inspection. I'm Kun Ai Lee, pleasure." He shook hands with the crazy man. "I know that your firm is one of the most famous technological firms in the city. I appreciate it." He said.

"We are so glad you like our firm." Kun bowed a little. "Where are the gadgets, please?" Mërich asked. "Please, come this way." Kun escorted him towards the showroom.

"My assistant, along with my team, will show you our newest gadgets. Please feel free to show your criticism on them." Kun said, opening the door.

"With all due revenge." Mërich scoffed. "I, beg your pardon?" Kun felt his brows furrowing. "I said, with all due respect." He rephrased, going inside the room.