Chapter 20: S.O.S

"Got the generator?"

"Check."

"Display?"

"Got it."

"What about flashlights?" Greg asked. "Take them too." Kun replied.

"Check." He said.

"Seven?" Carl asked. "Oh, right." Kun said, looking around. "Go set it upstairs, I'll be back with Seven."

"Looks like there'll be a little personal time, too!" Greg smirked, giving Carl a high five. "Go before I kick your butts." Kun scolded, shooing them away.

He made his way to the bedroom to find Seven tying her hair in front of the mirror. "Hey, kitty." Kun whistled, making her look at him. "It's time, let's go."

She blushed slightly before running to him on her tippy toes. "Will you need anything else?" He asked, placing a hand on her shoulder while they walked to the door. "No." She said.

She did not look at him, avoiding eye contact at all costs. He stopped midway, spinning her around. "Are you sure? We can't keep going up and down again and again." Kun asked once again.

"Uh..." Seven looked at her feet.

Her barefeet.

"What's this, hm? Wear your furry slippers. Now." Kun pointed at her slippers, watching her wear them. "I don't want your paws getting dirty." He said, poking her nose.

Kun realized something was up when she did not blush or smile to his remark. "Hey, what happened?" He asked, holding her elbows. She looked up at him with 'worry' written all over her face.

"Kun..."

"What's wrong, cherry?"

"I do not feel nice."

"You feel weak?"

"No."

"Then?"

"Just not nice."

"I won't understand if you dont say it clearly, Seven. You need to be specific. What isn't nice?"

"I do not know, but I feel something is not right." She looked at him with glistening eyes. "Everything will be alright. Even if something does happen, I'll die before it can hurt you." He said, finally making her smile.

"I'm here, okay? I'll protect you with my life. Here's what we'll do; we'll go up and send that damn signal to your planet and come back down before anyone knows about it. We'll have hot chocolate then." He patted her shoulders.

"Okay." She smiled at him. Her violet eyes had a different spark in them this time. It made her eyes look even more mesmerizing and beautiful, so much that Kun felt himself getting lost in them.

His phone rang and brought him back to reality.

"Are you guys actually going to do it? Because it's 8:15 and we've set up everything. ALONE." Greg said from the other side.