Chapter 08: Earth View

"Shh, don't make a noise

"Shh, don't make a noise." Kun hushed an excited Seven, who could not stop jumping in her place.

"We go out!" She whispered. "Yes, right. But you need to stay quiet. Stay with me all the time. If someone realizes you're not human, we'll be in deep trouble." Kun said, exaggerating everything.

"Yes." She smiled, shifting closer to Kun. "I meant, after we go outside." He rolled his eyes, as Seven clung onto his arm. They were both in the elevator, going to the rooftop.

It wasn't exactly what Kun had promised, but he did not want to risk anyone finding about her. After all, who would want to show off their alien friend who's trapped on earth with a bunch of crazy scientists on the loose?

Right, no one.

The elevator doors opened and Kun stepped out followed by Seven. He opened the door to reveal the peaceful darkness of the night. Hundreds of stars blinked in the wide black sky, as if they were winking down at whoever looked up.

"Take a look." Kun said, walking to the centre of the rooftop. Seven let go of his hand and walked towards the parapet, placing either of her hands on it.

"Wow..." She mumbled, looking at the lit up city in the far distance. The huge amount of lights in the area made even the dark night look colorful. Those lights reflected themselves in Seven's eyes, as one could see the clear reflection in them.

"Do you like it?" Kun smiled, walking towards her with his hands behind the back. "Yes, this is so nice." She replied, looking at Kun before shifting her focus back at the city ahead.

"Is it the same in Livian?" He asked, placing his elbows on the parapet and leaning on it a bit. There was a wide concrete surface constructed on the other side of the parapet, so it was not completely dangerous to lean on it.

"Yes, but not like this. In Livian, not many color like this." She said, looking in different directions. "So there are no colors on your planet?" He scoffed.

"Niye, there are but they not used."

"Why so? They are just colours."

"They say it is distractration."

"You mean, distraction?"

"Yes, distraction. On Livian, there is night for 5 months and light for 5 months of the Livian year. So they only use blue and white color light because other color distract in work."

"I don't really understand the logic but okay." He chuckled. Seven rolled her eyes and looked at the foolish earthen who could not use a bit of his common sense.

"See that." She pointed at the blinking city lights of colours red, blue, green, pink and what not shades. "What about it?" He asked.

"If you see for 5 months night, it is distraction. You not able do your daily work."