Chapter 24: My Family, Your Family

"Look at my little girl, here to meet me!" Mrs

"Look at my little girl, here to meet me!" Mrs. Lee exclaimed, opening the door to find Kun and Seven walking towards the house.

"Mom!" Seven smiled happily, watching Mrs. Lee rush towards them.

"Hey, mom!" Kun waved at her mother who ran right past him and hugged Seven. "My girl." She pecked Seven's head, holding her tight.

Kun stood with his hand frozen in the air, waving at the empty street ahead. He blinked his eyes twice as his smile slowly started to fade. He spun around to find Seven getting his portion of attention.

"Mom. I'm here too." He made a sad face. "I know, I saw you. Get those bags inside." Mrs. Lee glanced at him. Kun rolled his eyes and stomped his foot angrily. "Mom!" He whined.

"Seven, how did you find a boy like him? He's so mannerless." She nagged, making Seven giggle. Kun grabbed all the bags and angrily walked away to their house.

"Honey, go help him with the bags. He's a little crybaby." She smiled, watching Seven hurry over to Kun and take a bag from him.

She followed him inside the house, while Mrs. Lee watched them in awe. "My little boy and my little daughter-to-be." She sighed, joining her hands.

She took a moment to breathe in the fresh breeze of late monsoon.

They were finally there, in Livermore. Livermore was a small town near the coastal region. Kun's parents had quite a big house near the beach. The view was mesmerizing and hopelessly romantic.

"How do you like my old house?" Kun asked, holding Seven from behind. "It's nice and cute." She smiled. "Why are you holding me?"

"Because my mom is watching from the hallway, kitten. We are a couple for them, remember?" Kun pretentiously smiled, patting her shoulders.

"Yes." She nodded. "Darling, this is the girl I was telling you about. I'm so happy she's here." Mrs. Lee said, bringing Mr. Lee inside the bedroom.

Kun's old bedroom.

There weren't many decoratives or posters in his room, only a few. It was a minimalistic room. Even his own apartment was minimalistic. He did not like keeping too many things.

"Ah, I see. Our son is very lucky. Poor Seven, though." His dad cooed, teasing Kun. "Dad!" Kun whined, making Seven giggle.

"Dad?" Seven repeated, looking at Mr. Lee. "Come here, you're family now." Mr. Lee gave her a big, big daddy hug, making her feel family's love for the first time.

"Her name is Seven, and she's from Russia. But Kun gave her an English name, Sarah." Mrs. Lee explained. "Seven does not really sound like a Russian name, does it?" Mr. Lee asked.

"Does it really have to matter? She can have a French name while living in Canada." Kun rolled his eyes. "Where are Lin and Chen?" He asked. "Still at college. But they'll be back anytime now." His dad replied.