Chapter 09: Love?

"Heinrich? HEINRICH?" Mërich spat angrily to make himself audible in the chattering science lab

"Mërich?" Heinrich replied calmly, standing in front of him. There was no doubt that Heinrich was used to Mërich's yelling. "Why aren't the reports on my table yet?" He asked angrily.

"Because, they're in my hand. I was coming to hand you these." Heinrich replied, giving him the folder. Only he dared to talk to Mërich in that manner, no one else. "A blood group similar to this could not be found anywhere. It's an outsider's."

Mërich looked up from the folder at him, smirking widely. "Find the outsider. They mustn't have gone too far. And do not let the media know."

"I'll get to work right away."

* * *

"Calm down, Kun. It's not a big-"

"JOE, IT IS A BIG DEAL."

"Woah, relax. Have water." Joe said, handing a glass of water to a panicking Kun. They were in Kun's office, discussing about the grand event that was going to take place that night.

"You're telling me now that I'm supposed to bring a DATE?" Kun put more emphasis on the word 'date'. "Look, it's not that important." Joe scoffed, placing his palms on the table.

"Everyone's bringing a date, it'll look bad if I go alone." Kun rolled his eyes. "Uh, you have me?" Joe shrugged.

"Don't be ridiculous, Jo."

"It's just a birth anniversay party of our CEO's daughter."

"Exactly, it isn't even business related. It makes it even more important that I bring a date." Kun held his head in frustration. Joe was about to speak something when there was a knock on the door.

"Mr. Lee? It's me, Ellie." Ellie said from the other side.

"Tell her I died." Kun said hiding beneath his table. "Wha- Kun, come on you need to face her." Joe put his hands on his hips, heading towards the door.

"Ms. Cooper?" Joe smiled, opening the door to Ellie, who was all dolled up. "Move, Joe. I've got work." She rolled her eyes, walking past him.

He let out a sigh, shutting the door before exiting. "Please don't come here, please..." Kun prayed hard under the desk.

"What're you doing there, Kun?" Ellie tilted her head in confusion, watching him curled up in a ball. Kun cursed under his breath before crawling out.

"Ms. Cooper." He sighed, standing up.

"Oh come on, call me Ellie. No one's here." She scoffed, walking closer. "That's what I afraid of." Kun mumbled to himself.