Chapter 23: Common Destinations

"Joe, I'm begging you, please look after the team in my absence

"Joe, I'm begging you, please look after the team in my absence." Kun spat into the phone, walking inside his society complex.

"Why do you worry so much? It's not like I'll leave everything to the employees and rest."

"I know, but watch out for Steven and his colleagues. They love to butt into everyone's work and snatch credits."

"I'll handle him."

"Okay." Kun said, before hanging up. He walked further reaching the parkside to find Seven with Greg and Carl, concentrating on whatever new project the geeks were on.

"These kids, they'll drive me crazy someday." Kun sighed, observing them from far away. He felt nice watching Seven have fun. It was better than having her locked up with a trashcan they call TV. He did not worry much, since Greg and Carl were with her.

Kun had to admit that Seven was very good with kids. It was as if she knew what kids liked. When Kun was about to approach them, he felt his hand being pulled back.

"Ms. Cooper?" Kun narrowed his eyes.

"Kun!" Ellie cried, running into his arms. She held him tightly, suffocating the life out of him. "What the-" He cursed, looking up at Bob the guard in the distance.

"She forced past me." He mouthed, shrugging his shoulders. "What the fuck is wrong with you, Ellie?" Kun pushed her away. "You're leaving!" She sobbed, wiping a fake tear away.

"For a week." He shook his head. "That's like, forever!" She cried louder, grabbing attention of whoever passed them by.

"Oh god, she's back." Carl made a disgusted face. "Man, I hate her." Greg said. "I know her too." Seven joined in. "She's annoying right?" Carl asked, watching Seven nod. She did not like Ellie at all; and watching her act like she owned Kun made Seven want to explode.

How dare she touch her human?

"What are they saying?" Seven asked. "I don't know, I can't hear either." Greg shrugged, as the three of them watched the scene carefully.

"Look, Ellie, just leave. This is getting out of hand. You can't follow me home like this." Kun warned. "Why do you always have to be so mean? I love you so much!" She whined, stomping her foot.

"I do not!"

"Why don't you?"

"Because I love someone else!" Kun blurted out in anger, surprising himself with his own words. They both stared at each other, none them speaking a word.

Ellie glanced behind Kun to find Seven along with the two geeks staring at them. Some ridiculous idea found its way into her brain, making her smirk a little.

She held Kun by his collars and pulled herself up on her toes to kiss him. Kun, taken back by the sudden move, couldn't do anything. He felt paralyzed.

"Shit." Carl covered his mouth, looking at Greg before they both looked at Seven. "We're sorry you had to see that, Seven." Greg said, holding Seven's hand.  Seven looked at Greg, feeling her heart about to explode.