Chapter 04: Evil Exists

There had been a total chaos ever since Seven's great crash in the forest

There had been a total chaos ever since Seven's great crash in the forest. The scientists had been going crazy, the governement was sick of lying and answering to the news reporters, the forensics couldn't find any lead and most important of all, Dr. Lez Mërich was losing his long lost sanity.

"What did you find?" An old grumpy voice asked the scientists from behind a huge chair.

"S-Sir, t-they are still searching..." One of them replied, shivering. "Does it mean you haven't found anything?" The grumpy voice asked.

There was a moment of silence where the scientists looked at each other before jointly answering, "No, sir."

There was a pin drop silence. The blue lights in the highly advanced science lab flashed and disappeared in regular intervals, followed by various other technical and computer sounds originating from the gadgets being used by the other staff.

"S-Sir, the search is still-" The scientist was silenced when the old grumpy man lifted his hand up.

He slowly spun around to reveal himself to the poor scientists. He looked pretty old, but very powerful and healthy for his age. He had a circlular glass gadget on his right eye which he called an E-Monocle, enabling him to search about various things without doing anything. Obviously, it was invented by him.

He was wearing a white coat but a different one than the others, making him look superior. He had a thick grey moustache that covered his upper lip completely, grey eyebrow hairs that were overgrown and grey hair on his not so bald scalp. Despite his old age, he didn't have many wrinkles.

He was the most feared person by those who knew about him; Dr. Lez Mërich.

"Did you come to me without any legit news?" Mërich asked in a monotonous voice. "W-we only wanted to say that everyone is working very hard on this and we are making sure to get a lead as soon as possible." A scientist said.

Mërich chuckled lowly to himself, making them all shiver in fear. Everyone knew it was game over when their boss chuckled like that.

He was a lunatic, completely insane.

"HOW DARE YOU COME TO ME FOR SUCH A BLOODY THING?" He yelled, standing up on his feet. He looked tiny when seated in his chair but when he stood up, he looked like a giant.

"Sir-"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY SIR? I AM A SCIENTIST! I AM A DOCTOR!"

"Doc-"

"GET OUTTT!" He yelled spitting a little, as he watched the poor humans run for their lives. Another scientist, named Heinrich, passed them by and shook in head, finding it unbelievable.

"Heinrich, what did you find?" Mërich asked, getting back to his normal state. It was clear that Heinrich was the special guy here.

"There were no traces of any tarp, metal or any kind of debris, but we did manage to find this. It was mixed with humus, so nobody seemed to observe it at first sight." Heinrich said, showing him the photocopy and reports of his finding.