Chapter 15: Be My Guest

They both froze in their places when the door unlocked behind them

They both froze in their places when the door unlocked behind them. Kun swore on his life that he never heard his door creak ever, but that time, it did; adding the suitable sound effect to the situation.

Just like in the horror movies.

Kun and Seven both spun their heads in the direction, watching the door slowly swing open, inch by inch.

The sudden lightning and thunder startled both of them, making them jump in their place. The weather had been good until Kun talked to Greg on the walkie talkie. The sun was long gone, hidden behind the grey clouds that made even the sky look dark.

"M-Mom?" Kun gulped down his bravery, wanting to hide behind Seven; the one who should actually be hiding. The door fully swung open to reveal a woman in her early 60s with bags full of god knows what.

"Are you just going to stand there or come help your mom?" Kun's mom, Mrs. Lee, scolded him while she tried to hold the door open with bags in her hands.

Kun and Seven remained silent, not knowing what to do except to watch her struggling with the door without letting anything fall off. At that moment, Seven regretted not hiding earlier.

"I SAID COME AND HELP-" Mrs. Lee stopped midway when she gazed at the two scared pale looking creatures.

The bags that she had been careful with dropped themselves onto the floor with a THUD echoing in the empty corridor.

Kun looked exactly like his mother, except for now. His eyes resembled fear in front of his mother's that resembled rage. She pierced daggers through her eyes making Kun nervously itch.

"M-Mom, y-you could have c-called.."

"SO THAT YOU COULD SEND THE GIRL AWAY?"

"N-No! It's not what it looks like! I swear!"

"YOU ARE SO CARELESS AS A MAN KUN!" His mom yelled at him, making him shiver. She shut the door behind her with a thud loud enough to be detected as an earthquake. Who knows, it might even would have.

"Mom, you're getting it all wrong!"

"WHAT IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO HER? WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE?"

"Mom listen to-"

"YOU ARE IN TROUBLE! SO MUCH TROUBLE!" She picked up those bags with sudden strength and made her way towards the kitchen counter before placing them on the surface.

"You might be powerful, but not when my mom's around." Kun pretened to scratch his ear to lean in and whisper. "Right." Seven gulped.

"W-would you like a glass of wat-"

"I AM NOT HERE TO DRINK WATER."

"Mum, please! Let's not shout and let everyone know that she's with me!" Kun joined his hands in request. "No one knows about it? Not even Samuel?" She asked. "No, so please lower your voice! You're scaring her off! She gets scared by loud noises!" He pleaded, holding Seven's wrist.