Chapter 11: Hello, Humans

"Nice to meet you too, Mrs

"Nice to meet you too, Mrs. Brown. Thank you for inviting us." Kun bowed a little. "We couldn't have a party without our managing director, could we?" Mrs. Brown, the wife of Kun's boss Mr. Brown, smiled.

"Please do wish your daughter a happy birthday from us." He smiled. "I will, surely, once she comes out." She chuckled. "I must say your date is stealing the limelight tonight." She added in a secretive tone.

Kun looked around to find everyone gazing at Seven, trying to be less obvious. "I guess so too." He smirked, looking at Seven. "I'll get back to you in some time." Mrs. Brown said, running off to attend some other guests.

"Heard that? You're the centre of attraction tonight." Kun smiled, stepping closer to Seven. "Really?" She blushed, hiding her face in her palms. "Of course, you're unique. They are all mesmerized by you." He put her hair behind her ear.

"Merimerized?"

"Mes-mer-ized. It means that everyone is attracted to you." He corrected her. "How do you like it?

"It is very nice. I like human events." She whispered to him.

"Glad you feel that."

Having Seven there with him made him confident. It was like he had someone by his side, making him feel he wasn't lonely. He felt proud to be the one with Seven.

"Oo, who do we have here?" Joe whistled, walking over with a glass of wine in his hand. When he realized that Kun actually had a date, he went crazy. "WHAT- I thought you didn't have a date?" He spilled the wine back inside the glass.

"Surprise?" Kun shrugged. "I cannot believe you didn't tell me about it." Joe shook his head. "Hey guys, Kun has a girlfriend!" He turned back and announced, grabbing everyone's attention.

"Are you really my assistant or my enemy, stupid?" Kun smacked his head.  Everyone went back to their conversations as if nothing had happened. "But still, it's kind of shocking. You never liked dating." Joe smirked.

"Look, I had to bring someone, so I brought one. You got a problem?" Kun raised his brows.

"Kun, there you are! Looking so-" Ellie trailed off, as she came running. "Who's this?" She gave Seven a disgusted look, which confused her. "I thought all humans were nice." Seven whispered into Kun's ear.

"Not all." He whispered back. "Oh, stop it you guys. You're cute together." Joe chuckled, receiving a death glare from Ellie. He coughed purposefully, drinking his wine.

"Ellie, don't you have a date?" Kun asked. "Yes, it's him." She said in a mocking tone, pointing at Joe. It made Kun chuckle, but he hid it.

"What's your name?" Ellie asked meanly. Seven looked at Kun, not knowing what she should say. "This is Sarah." Kun spoke for her.

"Oh, I see." She nodded, looking her up and down. "She doesn't look like she's from here." Joe said. "That is because.... she is not." Kun shrugged. He looked at Seven and then back at him. "Oh, where is she from then?" Joe asked curiously.