Chapter 16: Under the Nightsky

The stars were shining brightly in the dark nightsky

The stars were shining brightly in the dark nightsky. There were some black clouds in the sky, but they did not hide the full moon behind them.

It shined up high with multiple stars, colouring the night in silver. The night was beautiful. "Can you see the moon from Livian?" Kun asked, taking a sip of his beer.

"No, not from Livian." Seven said, sipping her cranberry juice. That was one ingredient of a mocktail that Seven could consume. So she sipped on the red juice while Kun drank his beer.

They were sitting on the rooftop on a thin mattress, enjoying the night. "What else can you see from Livian?" He asked. "Many stars. They are not here but you can see from Livian." She replied.

"Do you like it here more, or back in Livian?" He asked. "Livian." She answered after thinking. "Why not here? Do I scold you that much?" He teased, gently flicking her temple.

"No." She giggled. "Because I comfortable in Livian. I know everything there. Here, I not know anything. Earth scary."

"Really? You think so?" He chuckled, playing with his empty beer can. "Yes." She said, taking a small break. "But I like here because of you." She spoke in a small voice.

"What?" He widened his eyes in surprise, a small grin forming on his face. Seven looked away from him shyly, hugging her knees to her chest. Kun put his hand on her head, turning it back to him.

"Flirting again?" He smirked, watching her face turn pink. "No! I say truth!" She exclaimed. "Is that so? What is it about me that makes you want to stay even in the place that scares you?" Kun raised his brow, messing with her.

She fell silent, not being able to give a proper answer to him. Though she knew the reason, she couldn't make out what to say. "You don't seem to have a specific reason." Kun mocked, opening a new can of beer.

Seven looked at him angrily, starting to leave. "Seven, I'm just messing! Chill! Come here!" He laughed, pulling her back on the mattress. He lifted his can and placed it away before shifting closer to her. "You get angry so easily." He said.

"I learn from you." She mumbled, looking away. "What?" He chuckled, shaking his head.

"Ah, Seven. I sometimes wonder what I'd do without you." He looked up at the sky, coming under the influence of alcohol.

"Nothing. You will do nothing." She straight up killed his vibe. "You're no fun." Kun rolled his eyes. He then got a call from his mom.

"Mom?"

"When are you kids coming down?"

"We're almost done. Be there in a few."

"Hurry, it's about to rain. Don't get her sick."

"What about me, mom? What if I get sick?"

"Get yourself treated." She hung up on him. "You are clearly mom's favourite amongst us." He chuckled. "Mom..." Seven trailed off.