Chapter 18: Goodbye!

"So, Mr

"So, Mr. Brown. All we are asking from you is to let us set up our laboratory temporarily in the B wing." Heinrich placed his request.

"We do acknowledge Dr. Lex Mërich as today's world genius..." Mr. Brown started.

"Lez." Heinrich corrected, rolling his eyes.

"My apologies, Dr. Lez Mërich. We do know that he is widely known for his inventions, but how far would you all go to promote us?"

"Overseas, out of planet. You name it, we'll give it."

"Hm.." Mr. Brown thought deeply. "We can even offer to invest in your company." Heinrich raised a brow. "Would you be needing anything else from us other than the space?" Mr. Brown asked.

"Nothing more. The spot is all we ask. It will only be temporary for our research purposes. We will pay for every week we work there." Heinrich bribed.

"Alright, you can have it. But keep in mind, Mr. Heinrich. Though we have good relations with Dr. Mërich, we will not tolerate any suspicious or secretive activity." Mr. Brown warned.

"Thank you so much, Mr. Brown." Heinrich smiled, bowing a little. Mr. Brown stood up and left the meeting room.

"That's one task done." Heinrich sighed, dailing on his phone.

"What is it?"

"We have the place, Mërich."

"Set everything up right away."

"Got it."

* * *

"Do you have everything? Want me to get something from the convenience store?" Kun asked, zipping up the bag.

"No, stop wasting your money like that. It's not a good habit." Mrs. Lee nagged. "Mom, seriously?" He threw his arms in the air. "Do not trouble Seven, alright? Bring her to our house, too. Dad would be so pleased to see her." She said, watching Kun lock the bag.

"Yeah, sure." He sarcastically said, standing back up. "Are you sure you don't want to go back on Wednedsay?"

"I would've, but my friend called me over at hers. You know Ms. Claire, right?" Mrs. Lee asked. "Do not know. Do not care." He said, receiving a slap on the shoulder from her.

"Where's Sarah? Or what you call her... Seven? Isn't she up yet?" Mrs. Lee asked. "Hang on. SEVEN?" Kun turned his head and called her out.  Seven came out after a while, rubbing her eyes. "Yes?"

"You woke her up." His mother complained. "Don't worry about it. She wouldn't miss the opportunity to say goodbye to you in the world." Kun replied, turning to Seven. "Seven, mom is going to go today. Say goodbye to her."

Seven looked at Mrs. Lee with watery eyes, rushing over to hug her. "Oh, honey, it's okay." Mrs. Lee embraced her, patting her back. "But you said you will go tomorrow." Seven sobbed.