CHAPTER FOUR - PARENTS

Xavier POV

My phone rings again and I groan knowing who's the caller. I pick up my phone and answer it without looking at who's the caller. For I know it's Mom since she keeps calling me and reminding me about family dinner tonight.

"Yes?" I answered

"Honey, where are you?"

"Mom it's still not night yet!" I whined.

"Oh come on! You need to be here early! Your sister and Daniel will be here too!" She reminded me again.

"Yeah I know! Daniel and I talked this morning! Remember I told you we are meeting together today!" I said.

"Oh I forgot honey. Geez, I am now convinced that I am way too old now. Huhuhuhu I tend to forget things more often!" She dramatically said and I know damn well what will happen next.

"Mom, you are not old. You are still young and beautiful, you know that! Old man is crazy over you!" I jokingly said to her.

"I heard that!" Of course my dad is with her side.

Wherever my mom is where my dad is.

He always wants to be by her side. And my dad would give her everything if she asked. He would do anything. He would give her that sun and the moon. My dad is so hopeless and crazy in love with my mom. 

Well it's not hidden in my knowledge how they both met each other in the past. On how my dad became obsessed with my mom. It's crazy how he keeps chasing her when she doesn't like him in the first place.

"Dad, we both know it's true!" I soas as I keep teasing him for I know he will work up on this.

"Hahahaha… funny son, do you want to have the youngest brother or sister cause I can make it now. Meaning I am still young and hot. You can ask your mom about it. Right babe?" He said on line and I heard a lip- sucking sound.

God! My parents have no shame at all.

"Mom, Das stop kissing while I am on the phone or else I will hang up!"

"Oops sorry honey! Your dad's just too sweet isn't he?"

"Mom, please not you too ok? Your husband is old!" I said and I wanted to laugh. Mom would never agree even no matter how many times I would say that. Because she always loves my dad more than anything else.

"Sorry honey, you know I love your father!" She said and again ladies and gentlemen I heard them kiss again.

"Mom , dad please???" I said.

"Fine! Why don't you wrap that now son and come home. Your mom misses you badly! You've been neglecting her!"

"Dad, you know it's not true! At least I visited once a month!"

"What kind of child visits his parents once a month?" My mom scoffed at me.

"Me?" I answered innocently.

"I did not raise you like that honey, you know damn well that I want you to always be here!"

"Mom, I told you I am busy with work!"

"It's ours anyway, you can do anything on it. It's not like resting once in a while will make the company go down!"

"Mom, you told me that I should always b grateful to the people who work in our company. That without them we would be nothing!" I said to her,

"I know I said that! But you are working too much son! It's painful to see you like that. Have a life sometimes! Go out , date and get a girlfriend for goddamsick!"

"Mom, as much as I want to have one. I am afraid to tell you that she doesn't exist!"

"Because you haven't taken a move to find one!"

"Mom, If it's meant to be, it will find you! That's what my old man said!"

"Hahahaha… don't listen to this father's if yours. Before he met me, he kept seeing a lot of girls back and forth. So if you want advice, ask me, not him!" She said and I heard my dad laugh at the other side of the line.

"Babe, if I know damn well you can't take your eyes off me the first time we met!"

"My goodness Xavier Knight Sr, there's no way I felt attracted to you the first time we met. If anything, I want to smack the hell out of you at that time that I want to kill you with my bare hands!" She said to him,

"Mom, Dad gotta go! Don't worry I will be home in no time. I did promise you I will be there for dinner so don't worry! I will come!" I said to them,

"Ok honey, but you know I can't help it. I don't want you to forget about this. You're so focused on work that you forgot about me!"

"Goodness Mom, I will never forget you. I love you more than anything else. Why would I forget the most beautiful and kind mother in the whole damn world? I will be damned if I do!" I said dramatically and I heard her giggles.

"Goodness, you Knight boys know how to melt my heart. You are really your father's son! " She said and I know beneath the line she's smiling.

"Son, you are the only guy that I allow to make this woman giggle like this aside from me. If any other guy I will bury him alive six feet below!"

"Dad, you and your jealousy sometimes!"

"When you  are the love of life, you will see why I am acting like this towards your mom. You would want them to laugh because of you. And it's such a heavenly feeling seeing happy knowing it was you making them happy!" He said and.

"Babe, even at your age you still have a sweet tongue!" My mom said,

"Oh, it's only that my tongue is good. If you want I can show you right!"

"Mom, dad I need to hang up. Guess both of you can't stop flirting with each other! Goodness!" I said and I sigh.

"Hahahahah.. then find someone to flirt with. Look at Emily, she's happy and she made us happy for giving us a grandchild. Come on!" Dad said and I smiled.

"Fine, I will begin to search for that right woman!"

"Good!" They both said and I hung up after that.