CHAPTER NINETEEN - GRANDMA

Charlotte POV

I feel like crap right now.

Stupid!! Stupid!! Stupid!!

That's what I can say to him.

How can this guy act like a lovey dovey when I am busy here doing my job. What could his mother say if she found out her son keeps pestering me here in my job.

I decided to report him to his own mother. So right now I am heading to her office room. I was just about to open her door when my phone rang. I thought at first it was him again but when I looked at the caller it was my sister.

I picked up and answered.

"Yes?"

"Sis…..!" She choked and my heart feel something happened.

"Hey, what's the matter?" I asked her.

"Sis, sis…! She sobbed this time and I know that then something is not good.

"What? Sis… tell me what happened? Why are you crying?" I asked her, trying to calm her down.

"It's grandma!" She said and I turned around immediately only thinking about my grandma.

Good thing about being a doctor is that when your loved ones are in hospital you can have immediate access to which hospital room.

When I arrived on her room I saw my sister. She's crying and she stood up when she saw me. She ran to me and hugged me like her dear life depends on it.

"What happened?" I asked her once she's a little calm.

"We had a talk, and then I talked to her about how you are so stubborn not to fall for Mr knight. And then she laughed and then she touched her chest and said she can't breathe. Huhuhu… I think she got a little too excited. It's because of me. Huhuhu.. If I stay quiet….!"

"Shhh it's ok, it's not your fault. Her heart is weak, we both know that. Where is she now?"

"She's in the operating room?"

"Huh?"

"Yes, Doctor Ysabella got inside thirty minutes ago. She will have a heart transplant!"

"Oh thank God! But we don't have money for the operation yet? How come?"

"Well, about that!" She said to me with a tight smile.

"What?"

"It has already been paid. " She said, making my eyes go wide.

"I didn't pay anything!"

"Hmm!"

"Who paid for it?"

Before she could answer, the door to the operating room opened. And I saw Ysabella Carter went out. She was looking for the family of yeh patient and we immediately stood up.

"We're the family!" We both said.

"Ok, so your doctor Charlotte right? And Nurse Cherry! I see… hmmm your grandma is now ok! But she's still unconscious don't worry it's because of the medication. And the heart transplant is successful!" She smiled at me and I hugged her out of the blue.

"Thank you!"

"You're welcome! If I get here late for sure, your boyfriend would not be happy!"

"Boyfriend? Me?"

"Hmmmm… Yes! Xavier is your boyfriend right? He's the one who called me to operate for your Grandma!"

"Huh?" I was lost for words.

The fuck???

"He paid for everything?" I Said.

"Don't worry, it's just cent's to him.!" She nodded at me.

"Oh God!" Even if it's just like cents to him but I still don't want to use him like that.

"Oh Xavier is here!" She said and I quickly swift my face to where she's staring at.

He walked closely to me and stopped just right in front of me. I got the biggest shock of my life when he suddenly hugged me.

"Are you ok? Is grandma ok?" He asked me when he loosen his hold on me but his arms stayed still.

"Yeah she's fine now! She's out of danger, Doctor Ysabella broke the news to us!" I said to him,

"Thank you Belle! For saving Grandma's life? I owe you!" He said hugging her.

"What the fuck are you talking about? You owe me? Nah… It's nothing! " She said to him.

I can see how close they are. The way they hugged, the way they looked at each other. They smiled at each other too.

"So?" Ysabella said while wiggling her brows at me.

"Oh yeah… She's the girl I've been talking about on the phone!" Xavier said while scratching the back of his head. A slight blush appeared on his cheeks when he looked at me and he smiled gently.

"Gezz, so…????" Ysabella still gives him a teasing look.

But I choose to cut in cause I don't think I want to hear the next thing he would say.

"Can I see my grandma?" I asked her.

"Yup! When she wakes up. Don't stress her out ok? "

"Ok! Thank you Doc"

"Oh…  You're welcome! You are like a family now Charlotte!" She said then hugged me. " Xavier is staring at you like a lost puppy. You must have hit him pretty good!" She whispered the last part of ears and blushed.

"Thanks!"

"Let's go? Let's see grandma!" He grabbed my hand and intertwined with his.

"Your hands are cold? You ok? Do you want me to get you hot coffee babe!" He asked me and I shake my head.

"Sure? Maybe you feel cold!" He said then take off his jacket then move to put it on me.

"No… It's ok, I. Not ok! I am usually like this when I am nervous! I just feel nervous after everything happened!" I told him.

"Hey, I know you're scared but she's ok now. Nothing will go wrong for grandma. She will still love longer and be both of you!" He embraced me again and I returned it.

"Thank you!" I mumble.

I can feel him kiss the top of my head and smile.

"I'll do anything for you babe!" He said.

"Let's go Cher , let see Grandma!" He said and cherry went to his side and smile.

"Aww… Hey Knight…!" Ysabella said it made us look at her. " Take care of her and good luck! Don't forget to send an invitation on your wedding day!" That almost choked me. Good thing I am not eating or I don't know. For sure it will go to the wrong pipe.

"Sure…!" He smiled after we walk to my grandma's room.