CHAPTER FORTY THREE - FAMILY VACATION

Charlotte POV

It's been three months since we started dating. As I recalled the days passed I have nothing to complain about him being my boyfriend. I mean about Xavier.

He is very thoughtful, sweet and nice to me, especially to my family. We even argued one time since he promoted my sister position which I don't like.

I mean, I am happy that she will get promoted. But I want it to be on her own. Not because someone is backing her up. Using someone else's power to gain power is not good for me.

Good thing the idiot listened to me and also my sister understood my concern. That's one thing I like about her. She may be brat and talkative but she always looks up to me and I love that she listens. Being her older sister makes me feel proud.

Xavier has been a very understanding boyfriend. I couldn't ask for more actually. He was a perfect kind of boyfriend that your parents would want you to have.

Actually right now, I am too afraid that he might change since I am already used to him being sweet to me.

That idiot even gave me a luxury car. He said that I will need it. Sometimes he can't get me from work so I need to drive myself home.

I am not used to this. Since my parents died everything has changed for me. I still have hole in my life that I want to complete. How I wish I could remember those memories I forgot.

But thank God, Xavier accepted me after everything I told him. Yes, I confessed to him about my past. Actually the painful feeling is still there.

I don't know why but it's still there. Maybe because it's the reason why I lost my parents and that I lost some part of myself too.

I just woke up from a two months coma and they told me that my parents have died and I am the only one who survived. It's so painful for me. A very heartbreaking one but sometimes I am thankful that I was not able to regain those memories cause I don't know what I will do to myself.

I did not just lose my parents at that time. I lost my first baby. Somehow deep in me, I love that baby. I have a feeling that there's something great about it. I just can't explain.

Xavier told me not to rush myself. He said those memories will come back in time. Maybe it's not the right time for now. I think I can agree with him on that. Maybe there's a reason why I lost it in the first place.

"Can you all boys just leave us alone? We want to have girl time. What about you? Go and have boys time!" I heard Mrs Knight making her husband pout. "Don't give me that look, honey. It's not like we are not going to see each other. Just go jet skiing with the boys!" She added.

All men grew in response.

We are actually on an island called Malapascua in the Philippines. The sea water and the view is super nice. Xavier told me about this a week ago. He asked me to come with him and his family.

Since Martin and the Knight family are close, both families are on vacation. At first I declined since it's for family only but then Mam Emma invited me and her husband. She said that their son keeps calling them.

She even told me that I am part of the family so it's ok since I tried to decline her. I said yes after that. I don't know why but she's really like a mother to me. Maybe I missed my parents and I can see them with Xavier's parents.

"Mom, you can do girl things with us here. There's no need for us to have boy bonding. A little bit of talk and alcohol would do!" My boyfriend protested.

Of course all boys agreed with him.

"Our son is right honey! Just do your thing while we are here. It's not like we are going to stop. But don't say you want us away from our sight!"

"Xavier, we already have grandchildren and you still stick to me like a gecko. My goodness, it's only an hour!"

"Of course not!" They all said in unison.

"Hmmmm!" Mrs Martin said as she let out a sigh. " Husbands and their idiotic minds. I never thought my boys would be like a copy of their father. Boys give your wife a breath sometimes!"

"Mom, what are you talking about? Nat, you did not feel suffocated on me right?" Emman asked his wife Natalie but the latter smiled at him.

No wonder is so in love with her. She's very pretty and the way she looked at Emman it's like her world revolved around him. She gave him a loving gaze and nodded.

"Urgg! Sweet!" Arabella giggled, making Ashton her husband kiss her on the top of her head.

"You boys are cheaters! I should have known! You are your father's son after all!" Mrs Knight said, making all of us laugh.

"Come on, let's just eat. Manang Fe is already done cooking" Mrs Knight said to us.

Xavier held my hand then we proceeded to the dining room.

While we were eating I almost choked when Mrs knight asked a sudden and unexpected question to me and her son.

"Son, I haven't seen any progress? When are you planning on giving me grandchildren!" That made me cough and almost spit my food.

"Mom, you are shocking her!" Xavier said while he patted my back.

"What? I am just being honest here!" I looked around and they all looked at me with the same questioning look.

"Actually we haven't talked about it yet!"

"Xavier???? So slow!" Emman laughed jokingly.

"Bro, come on! Have you not hit the three points yet?"

"Don't worry son, I will teach you!"

Making me want to sink on my chair and disappear. They are all talking like I am not here in front of them. Geez these families are really close.

"Don't worry, that's how we acted here! You will get used to it!" Natalie said to me as she's sitting beside me.

I give her an awkward smile. I am still not used to this. Talking about having babies and getting married on the spot.