CHAPTER FORTY NINE - THE PAST

Charlotte POV

When Xavier disappeared in the room to get my food. Mrs Knight immediately sat down next to me. She looked at me with so much emotion. I know just then that she knew what happened.

"Char…  I know I don't have the right to interfere in your relationship. But I hope that one day you will forgive my son. I don't tolerate what he did to you in the past. I told him not to set foot in our house as long as you don't forgive him!" She said and I saw Emily looked at me.

"Sis, you are the sister that I never had. I am so happy that you're pregnant. I hope you and brother can settle things together! I think Emman, Daniel and my brother have the same stupid mind. They have this mindset that they will hurt first the person they love before they realize their feelings! I tell you that's how Daniel and I are too! Such a moron!" Emily said.

"Honestly I don't really know. Especially when I witnessed him in his office room! I don't know who to believe in!" I said truthfully.

"Char…. Xavier told me that girl Amber just took a seat on his lap without any notice at all. He too got shocked. He may be stupid in the past but I don't think he can cheat on you right now. Looking at him while he waited for you to wake up. I know he really loves you. He didn't even bother to go home to wash, or sleep! He's been on hunger strike lately!" Mrs Knight said.

"My brother is so crazy about you. My dad already gave that girl Amber a lesson. If she comes again and tries to do something. I won't hesitate to grab her face. I really hate women, who would stoop low just to get what they want!"

"No it's Mrs Knight!"

"No, Char…. I heard about it. I asked Xavier's secretary and he told me that the girl keeps on pestering him. Xavier doesn't like her"  Mrs Knight said with an irritated voice.

"Hmmmm… Can we just switch the topic. If it's ok? I need to talk to Xavier first!"

"Whatever your decision, please consider the baby. I want to see my grandchild dear!" This time Mrs Knight mentioned my pregnancy.

"I am so excited! Let me accompany you to buy clothes for the baby!" I smiled awkwardly at both of them as they looked at me with expectant eyes.

"Please??? I really hope it's a boy!" Mrs Knight said with a smile while she softly tapped my small tummy.

"I hope so. I want to have a baby boy too!"

"Really? Hahahahah… Daniel and I have been talking about it lately. He also wants to have a baby boy!" Emily giggles.

"Hahahaha… Belle already has many grandchildren. "

"Mom…. That's ok! Who knows Char will have twins!" That made my eyes turn wide.

Huh? Twins? Out of the sudden?

"I am here!" Xavier's voice as he opened the door.

"Wow, kuya that's too fast huh?"

"I don't want my mother child hungry. Come baby!" He said to me as he assisted me to sit up still and open the food container for me. "Mom? Sis??" He asked them while bringing the food to me.

"We're good son, we already ate when we got here. You know your father won't eat without me!"

"Dad is still very clingy to you!" Emily shakes her head.

"Xavier it's ok, I can feed myself!" I soas as I stop him from feeding me.

At first I saw sadness in his eyes for my declination but then he smiled.

"No… you're sick! I will feed you!"

"Xavier, my hands are perfectly fine!"

"No, it's my job to serve and take care of you!"

But I grabbed the spoon from his hand and tried to put food on it.

"Babe…!"

"You eat too Xavier. Just let her eat on own!" Mrs Knight said.

"So Kuya, we will be going now! Please take care of yourself Char. Let's go shopping together someday for the baby, ok?"

"Yeah, me too!" Both of them said,

After that they went out leaving me alone with Xavier.

I Heard him clearing his throat and I looked at him.

"You eat Xavier!" I soas as I point at his food while I am busy eating mine.

"Babe, just let me do it please?? I want to take care of you!"

"You already take care of me so much. That's enough I can do it now on my own!"

"No…. What on your own? Enough? No… you're my baby! I will take care of you!" He said. I don't know but it seems like his eyes are almost teary.

"Just eat your food! Then we will talk after!"

I felt him stiffened and his eyes went wide when I talked.

"Babe, let me just say this to you. You can say anything but please do not tap out. I don't want to. I will not!" He stubbornly said.

I sigh and shake my head. One at a time I mumble to myself. I just want to eat first so I can have energy.

"Babe, ahhhh… !" He said while he opened his mouth.

"What??"

"Ahhhh?" He said while gesturing to his mouth.

I just looked at him. Why can't this guy stop being like this for once.

After we eat. He disposes of everything and cleans everything. He took a seat beside my bed. I know he knows that I am looking at him while he is doing everything.

I can't wait to be discharged because I am not used to being taken care of. I just like the feeling of being helpless.

Where did my sister go anyway? I prefer her to do all of this than Xavier.

He took a seat next to my bed and then looked at me. He hold my hand while caressing it.

"Babe , what you saw is not true. I swear, she just suddenly sat on my lap. Matthew , Connor and I are talking. She just went there with them. She's been constantly bugging me even when I hadn't found you. She keeps pestering me. I swear we don't have any relationship. She's not my fling. Babe I did not cheat on you. I may have cheated back there in college but I can't cheat now because I love you!"

"Xavier….!"

"No please, let me explain everything first. I want to ask you!"

I know this won't be good for me but still I found myself nodding at him. It's been like four years? But feeling still fresh within me maybe because I lost it and then I suddenly remembered everything.

"What happened on the night that you left?" He asked me.

I thought he knew because it's obvious. He's teammates even there while I am crying my heart out.

"Remember you said you wanted me to come with you to that party? You even bought a dress for me? I went there because I wanted to surprise you. Turns out it was me who was surprised after all!" I said as I laughed without humor as I remembered those bitter memories of that night.

"What happened?"

"You went upstairs with Amber that night. I saw you both downstairs while she's on your lap talking about the bet. And how she keeps pestering you to break up with me. Matthew said not to follow you both upstairs for I won't like what I am about to see. Still I wanted to see, I wanted to witness you cheated on me. So yeah, I went up there! I don't have to elaborate what I witnessed but it's enough for me to know that you don't want me. So I decided to leave but then I got into an accident!"

"Why didn't you tell me you're pregnant?"

"Xavier… I wanted to tell you that's why I went to the party. I just found out that morning because I went to the hospital!" I said while staring at him.