CHAPTER SEVEN - HOSPITAL

Charlotte POV

Working at the hospital is not an easy job. You have to be flexible at all means either it's your time or self.

Sometimes you gotta deal with different kinds of patients. I hated it when a pervert guy would become my patient. I would rather deal with children than those kinds.

I hated how they ran their malicious eyes and roaming it around my body. I feel like I am being violated in some way. But because it's my choice of job I need to endure it. But I am careful with my movements, especially when talking to that guy.

Today has always been hectic just like the other days. It's normal the buzzing sound of people , the paging that I would always pray to stop sometimes so we can rest a little. But no, we have to endure our tiredness in order to save lives.

I was currently checking on one of the patients when my name was called and said to come to the emergency room and I quickly went there.

"Pssssst!" I saw my sister calling my attention but before I could come and ask her why, Doctor Torres called me.

"I want you to look after the patient currently in the VIP room. I have a lot of patients and I can't work it out. Well you take it?" She asked me.

"Sure!"

"Good…! You can go there!" She said,

Doctor Torres is one of the longest residing doctors here in the hospital. She's about in her fifties so when she asked me a favor like this I won't hesitate to help since it's part of my job too.

I quickly went to the VIP room and before I could open the door I saw a few nurses smiling and giggling like teenagers seeing their crush.

"Is everything ok here?" I asked.

"Oh, yes Doc!" They said with a tight smile. They all looked like a person caught in an act.

I didn't have time to ponder whatever they were thinking or doing. I went inside the room. I saw the patient lying on the bed with his eyes closed. I went to his side and observed him for a moment.

"What happened to him?" I asked the nurse who is currently attending him.

"High fever, cough and he passed out!" She said and I went to check on him right away.

"Laboratories?"

"All done Doc, results will be released soon!" One of the nurses said.

I am well aware that being a VIP patient you will have a lot of people help you but I stared at the five nurses that were looking at him. Gezz of looking can be subjected to harassment then I think they are highly qualified.

Women and handsome guys! I shook my head trying to shake off those thoughts and began my job. I should concentrate on my job rather than thinking irrational thoughts.

As I am about to continue checking on the patient. He stirred from his consciousness and slowly opened his eyes. When his eyes meet mine, his eyes grow wide and about to sit up but I speak before he could do anything.

"Don't move.  Record says here that you pass out. Just lay down there!" I said to him,

He looked at me with a puzzled face.

"Ok!" He said to me,

"Good! By the way, I am Charlotte. I will be your attending doctor!" I said to her,

His eyes turned wide again when I mentioned my name.

"You ok? How are you feeling?" I asked him.

He opened his mouth to answer but my attention swift to Mrs knight barging to the room with her eyes weeping with tears.

"Son, are you ok? How are you feeling?" Mrs knight hover over him with a worried expression.

"Mom, I am ok! See…. !" He said, smiling at her.

We didn't expect what happened next. Mrs Knight pinched him on his arms. He winced while looking at his mom with disbelief.

"Mom? What the fuck!" He said looking at his mom with shock.

"Don't you curse at me , boy! I am your Mom. And to answer that question. How could you do this to yourself?" She asked, then her eyes fell on me.

"Oh, Lotte , sorry I didn't notice you. So your my idiotic son doctor? Good… good…!" She nodded while thinking of something. " You are in good hands, son!" She smiled at him then to me.

"Thank you Mam! I will do my best!" I answered her politely.

"Geez don't call me Mam. Just call me Emma. Calling me Mam feels like I am too old!" She said smiling.

"Oh, sorry! By the way, this is my son who I am constantly telling you about! This is Xavier Jr. Just call him Xav for short. He is hard headed , stubborn and annoying but I have patience with him!" She said and I smiled awkwardly at her.

She did mention him to me. She keeps telling me to meet her son. And blah blah blah..! But I didn't pay attention because I don't want to date. I love working and I have a responsibility to my grandma.

"And Xav, this is Charlotte. You can call her Lotte! She's the one I've been telling you about!" The last part she whispered it to him. They both smiled at me but with a different kind.

Xavier looked at me with an unexplainable expression. I can't picture his thoughts.

"Yeah! Let me introduce myself properly. I'm Xavier, please don't call me that I feel like my father. Call me Xav instead!" He extended his one hand to me.

"Charlotte, you can call me Lotte!" I said as I took his hand.

"Oh! Can I call you Char instead? I think it sounds nice!" He said and I could feel something inside me stirred at his words. Something rings inside of me that I can't explain.

"You ok?" He asked me as he watched me freeze for a moment.

"Yeah! You can call me that!" I said as I let go of his hand.

The warmth of his hand seems a little too familiar to me. When his hand leaves mine, I feel something of me went missing. I nodded at him and smiled.