CHAPTER THIRTY TWO- THE TALK

Charlotte POV

"So???" Xavier asked me.

I know what it means. He hasn't asked anything since we drove his car way here and we ordered food then ate it.

I didn't order much, I just needed one cup of hot chocolate but this guy of course won't listen to me. He always does whatever he wants. I don't know why he keeps acting like he is my boyfriend but I need to settle it now.

"Hmm… Look Xavier, last night!" Just mentioning those words brings a shiver to my spine. " Can we just forget everything about it?" I finally said it.

He looks at me like I am gone mad. His brows scrunching and there's humor left in his face. Obviously he didn't like my answer.

"Can you repeat it again? I think I misheard you!" He said to me,while saying this he put his two elbows on each side of the table with his eyes looking straight at me. 

"I said, can we just forget what happened last night!" I said it again.

I know he heard me but this guy sometimes is egomaniac for some reason. Maybe because he hasn't met a girl would turn him down or something?

But based on his scoops I think he has plenty of girls who would come running to him in just one click of his finger.

Why would he stick to me?

I can't offer him anything at all.

"Why are you saying this?" He asked me.

"Because, it's not that important anyway!" I said to him,

"Excuse me? Not important? Have you seen my look right now babe? Do you think what happened last night is not important to me?"  He asked me while his eyes were burning holes in me.

"Look, As I said, it's like you haven't done this before. We both know you have your ways! So don't act like this is your first time!" I said trying to make a point because he's making this harder than it is.

"Yeah, I admit this is not my first time. But it's my first time doing this with someone I want, I like and more importantly I love!" He said, good thing I covered my gasp for it really took a moment for me to digest what he said.

Did he just want, like and love in the same sentence?

"You don't mean that!" I said to him,

How much I wanted to back out from this. Because one thing I want to happen to me is being discarded and dumped again.

"I mean every word I said!" He said to me, His eyes looked at me desperately.

"We can't, I mean I can't!" I said finally.

How I wish I could. But I know if I let him in I don't know what would happen. I just don't want to make the same mistakes again.

"What do you mean?" He asked me confused.

"Xavier, you can find someone out there, who can love you and be with you. Not someone like me who had a past which I kept running away from. Past that I don't even want to remember. But it keeps haunting me!"

He then suddenly grabbed my hands and pressed it.

"I don't care about it! If you want, you can tell me!" He said to me,

"I don't think it's the right place to talk about something like this!" I said to him, 

"Let's go to my house!"

"No!"

"Why? You don't want to talk here? I mean we can talk in my house no one will be there. It's peaceful!"

"No..no… last time I went there. I made a terrible mistake! That I can't let it happen again!" I said to him,

He looked down on me and levelled our eyes till it met.

"Babe, what happened to us is not a mistake. I want it, I need it and love it. If it's a mistake to you please don't say it to my face. I have been trying to replay it again and again in my head cause I still can't believe it happened. But God knows how much I want it. So, if this makes you comfortable. I won't do anything. We will go to my house to talk, nothing more!" He said to me,

Why is it so patience, soft and understanding to me? I don't think I deserve this man.

"Ok!" I said as he guided me towards his car.

He opened the door for me in his car and even strapped my seat belt. Seriously no matter what I said to him not to do this, it's still obviously very useless. This guy would do anything to make me feel how gentleman he is. So instead of protesting I just let him be.

"Thank you!" I said to him when I finally settled in my seat and after he finished strapping my seat belt.

"Welcome babe!" He then drove the car towards his house.

I am still hesitant to come to his house but I was thinking that I still need to go there anyway. We still have that agreement that I will cook for him for one month on my day off. So I need to be brave and face him.

Running away from him will only make things worse. So I planned on telling him everything about me. No more running away.

The earlier he knows about my past then the earlier he will get out or leave me. That would be nice, right? The earlier, the better!!

He parked his car and helped me get out of the car. We went inside the building and rode the elevator to his penthouse.

When we get there I still awe how magnificent and beautiful his house is. The fact that it's very clean and at the same time it's manly it's very amaze me.

"Would you like anything babe? " He asked as he went to his kitchen.

"Just water!" I answered.

He nodded at me while smiling.