CHAPTER THIRTY ONE - WAITING

Xavier POV

Three hours….

I think this is the longest three hours of my life. I feel like I waited years later.

Is this even possible?

Of course it is, if you wait for something so important to you that you wish that the time will come so you can have her all by yourself.

If I meet Xavier Knight Jr. I would say to him that don't even think of doing things against that girl for you will suffer in the future.

I stayed at my mother's office while I waited for Charlotte's break time. My mom tried to conceal her amusement but failed eventually. I can see from where I am seated to where she is. She can't stop giggling over the fact that Charlotte won't talk to me. Or even tried to deny what happened between us.

Charlotte before would never be this way.  She always listened to me and every small thing I did for her she would be happy.

Now, she denied me.

Charlotte would always want to stay in my room before. She always has a sleepover which I don't mind. She cooks breakfast for the whole team in the morning. And I never heard her complain once.

How can she fall out of love over me for three years?

She may have insomnia but her heart doesn't right? A mind can never dictate what the heart wants.

When the clock strike nine thirty I stood up immediately.

"Fucking finally!" I said as I went to my mom.

"Mom, got to go!" I said to her.

"Be patience to her, ok? And please smile! This is the first time I seen my son looking this work up for a girl, sorry if I can't stop smiling here!" She said to me the hint of giggles still flashing on her lips.

"Mom!" I groaned at her.

"She's the right one for you! Take care and be patience with her!" She said again.

I nodded at her and kiss her cheeks before I went off. I am so nervous and excited to meet her. I won't let her take it like it's nothing serious or important. I been dreaming about it since the day I lose her and now she's acting like it was nothing.

No way in hell!

She won't get away from me.

I stopped in front of her office room. I took a deep breath and knocked.

"Come in!" I know it's her secretary voice since I been here for how many times.

When she saw me , she stood up and pay respects to me.

" Hmmm what can I do for you Sir?" She asked me.

"Is Char inside?" I asked her.

"Yup! Just newly arrived!" She wink at me. She give a nod to go to Charlotte room.

I knocked before I open the door and went inside. She there sitting and typing something on her phone.

"Hey still busy?" I said as I went beside her. I kissed her cheeks once more and glared at me.

"Xavier! You can't just do that to me!!" She said

"Why?"

"Obviously I am not your girlfriend! Stop kissing me for goodness sake. People might think the wrong way!"

"Huh? Well, if they think I am your boyfriend then that's I am!" I said smiling to her.

"Let's go Xavier, and please don't do it again" she said as she walked pass me.

Of course I won't listen to her. The moment she kissed me last night means we are together. O held her hand a d interwine with mine. But she immediately swatted it.

"Stop it!" She said as I grabbed her hand again.

"Xavier!" She glared.

"What?" I asked innocently.

"Stop it!" She siad.

"Fine!" I pouted at her.

I know why she keeps refusing me to hold her hand. Because at the moment all eyes are on us. So instead of holding her hands. I swing my arms to her shoulder. She looked at me sideways and squatted away but I held her still.

"Xavier!" She hissed.

I didn't mind her. Instead I keep walking with her on my side, obviously. We got into my car but she refused me to open her passenger door. But I didn't listen to her.

When she gets inside I know she's in the middle of exploding because I see her nose flaring and her cheeks flushed with red.

"You shouldn't do those things!" She said while strapping her seatbelt. I bend down and help her settle her seatbelt for her.

"Why can't you just let me do it!" She hissed again at me.

"What kind of man would I be if I let you do it alone? If you're with me. Always remember when I am with you!" I told her as I put on my own seat belt and drove my car to the nearest cafe.

Once we arrived I turned to her side quickly and said to her,

"Don't move, I'll open the door for you!" I said to her, I quickly went out so that she couldn't say no to me.

You know her, she won't let me do this kind of thing with her. In the past she would giggle and smile happily when I did something like this to her. But now, all she did was reject me as much as possible.

"You don't have to do that Xavier!" She said to me after I opened the door for her.

"As what I said to you. I want to do this to you. Anyway, do you like this Cafe?" I asked her, trying to change the subject.

"It's ok! I haven't been here!"

"Huh? It's near the hospital!! How come?" I asked her as I stared looking at her.

"Well, I Don't usually go out. And if I do, it's usually me and my sister. I haven't gone to this extravagant cafe, just those small one's!" She said to me,

"Really? You haven't gone here with Cher? Then we should come back again with Cher this time! Does she like cakes and coffee?" I said as I gestured and helped her take her seat.

"Yes!"

"How about you?" I asked her.

"Hmmmm.. I don't know! I like coffee and cakes but if I crave one I just make some in the house!"

"It's a hassle and you need to rest after work!" I told her.

"Yeah… but I like it better if it's made by me. I mean don't call me a narcissist but it's better to make your own. It saves money and everything!" She answered me.

Well she has a point. But a guy like me who everytime likes to eat something I just ordered or go to the place where it served the best.

Of course, my Mom cooks the best but I am kind of hesitant to ask her to cook for me. I like my independence and privacy. Though when my Mom cooks I usually ask her to cook plenty of it so I can store it in my fridge.

Mom's cooking made me feel refreshed every time I ate it.