CHAPTER TWENTY SIX - XAVIER

Xavier POV

I have never been so excited to come home. Moreover, I never take time to work. I always work and leave on time because I don't believe that if you're the owner you can get lazy.

But today is an exception..

I leave my work earlier than usual which makes my workers raise their eyebrows. Their workaholic boss leaving at this time creates a sort of buzz but I don't care.

I'm Just excited to be home.

I mean, for the first time I want to be home early cause I am excited about what could happen tonight. I didn't mean about sex but you know how wout things go with her and me in my house. Sex is juts a bonus but for now I don't think it's gonna happen.

I went inside my car and drove as fast as I could. If I ever get a ticket on it. Well I don't mind! It's all worth it. When I arrived I immediately went out. I ride the elevator to take me to my penthouse.

Once I arrived at home I immediately took off my clothes and changed into my comfortable one. I am planning on cooking something.

I know the agreement she says she will cook for me. But I have something in mind about it. I'll prefer her to sit and eat the food I prepared. I want to treat her and then ask her for a movie watch.

At five thirty in the afternoon my doorbell rang. I swear it's my first time my heart jumping this way. Geez I feel like I am going back to my teenage life.

I quickly open the door, revealing Charlotte who's looking so beautiful as always. She wore white body fitted shirt and paired it with a denim short but not too short. But it didn't stop her flawless legs from shining. And her hair is on a ponytail. She's looking so cute and sexy at the same time.

"Hi!" She said shyly.

I bet she has never been to any guy's house cause I can feel awkward. I know she's doing this for the payment but she doesn't really have to. But she insisted.

"Hello, come in, babe!" I said as I opened the door wide for her to get in.

"You have a very beautiful house, Mr knight!" She said and I grimaced.

"What happened to calling me Xavier Babe? I feel like my old man now!" I said jokingly to her while I touched my chest looking all hurt.

"Sorry I forgot, Xavier!" She said to me, "Can I begin cooking now?" She asks me.

I scratched my head and the nervousness filled over me again.

"About that! I already finished cooking!"

"What? But I thought I would be the one to cook for you?" She asked me.

"Yeah… But I got home earlier and decided that I can cook for the meal then we can eat together for dinner then have a movie night? What do you think?" I said as I can feel my heart won't stop beating so fast. I just hope she will say yes to me because I really want to be with her.

"Hmmmm… Our agreement is only for me to cook, not to eat and watch the movie Xavier!" She reminded me.

"Yeah… but the night is still young right? We have a lot of time? Since it's your day off then let's enjoy it??? Please?"

"Enjoy???" I saw hesitation in her eyes and something flashes in my mind.

"I mean , not the enjoyment you are thinking about right now. But I am not going to be hypocritical, yes I do want it to happen. But for now we can enjoy things like watching movies with you. I am content with that!" I said to her,

"Ok….if that's what you want!" She said and I finally let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you… Thank you…babe!" I said as I can't contain my happiness. I hugged her tightly.

"Ok that's enough! Are you already prepared for the table?" She asked me and I shook my head at her. " Ok then, let me help you with that!" She said and turned away from me.

"Where did you put your utensils?" She asked me while she's manoeuvring in the kitchen.

"In the right, lower cupboard babe!" I said to her,

She was too focused on getting the utensils while I approached her. I got closer and closer to her. So when she moves she will bump into me. Well, she really moves and we bump.

Making our eyes meet each other and I smile at her.

"Geez, what are you doing there? I almost dropped the plates!" She said,

"Don't worry I got you baby!" I said to her as I helped her in my arms.

"Xavier if this your way of flirting, don't you dare!" She said to me while swatting my arms.

"Told you…!" I said.

"Just drop the flirt thing. Come on, let's eat!" She said and began to arrange everything.

We took a seat and I decided to sit across from her.

"So what do you like about being a doctor? Isn't too much work?" I akd her once we started eating.

" Hmmm it's ok. ! But I love the feeling that I got to help someone in need. I feel like I have a sense of purpose in life!" She answered me.

"Do you love it? Is it delicious?" I asked her as she ate the food that I cooked.

"Yup! You really know how to cook!"

"My mom taught me. Hahahaha.. I remembered the first time, I always made mistakes and she would nag me non stop. My dad would laugh about how messed up I am when I am in the kitchen!"

"Why?"

"What do you mean why?"

"I mean why do you learn? You can have a maid for you to do it!" She said to me,

"I always wanted to be independent. For me a guy should be independent. I want to be on my own. So that when I have my own family I can take care of them on my own!"

"Ohhhh! That's nice of you!"

"So you have plans on marrying someone?"

"I don't even have a boyfriend so the answer is no. I don't have one!" She answered.

"Then pick me!"

"Funny Xavier! It's that simple!" She said,

"Why?"

"You don't know me!"

Believe me I do! I have been looking for you for my whole life. How bad I treated you in the past still haunted me. But now you are here with me. I feel like my world revolves around you only.