CHAPTER TWENTY - DRUG

Xavier POV

"Xavier, can we talk?" She said to me after I opened the passenger door of my car for her. I looked at her confused and Cherry looked at us confused. " You can go ahead Cher. I will be next to you. I just need to talk to him first!" She said and I wonder why.

"Let's get back to the car. It's better to talk inside! It's freaking cold here and I don't want you to get sick!" I said as I held the door open again for her.

She hesitantly looked at me then nodded her head. Once we both settled in the car. I looked at her.

"Look, I am thankful for everything you have done to my grandma! But that's a lot of money!" I stopped before she could say anything.

"If this is about the money. Don't worry about it! I help you because I don't want grandma to get sick. She promised me that she will cook her Adobo chicken recipe for me. And I want to see her doing that!".

"But Xavier, it's a lot of money! I don't want to owe anything to you. I don't want you to think I am using you or I am taking advantage of you!"

"Hey hey hey… it's my own decision to do that. You don't owe anything to me because it's mine. I am my own person. I will decide who, when or whom I will spend my money with. And you're not taking advantage of me. Gezz…. But if anything you want to take advantage of me. I prefer you take my body. I would love to…. I mean I think I am the most ready victim!" I said as I tried to joke her. Of course part of it is true. If she wants to take advantage of me I prefer her taking advantage of my body. I would love to see that.

"Xavier be serious!"

"As much as I am thankful that you called me by my name babe. It's still much better if you call me baby. But Xavier is good for now!"

"Xavier be serious for a second!"

"I am! I don't why you're making this a big deal. I told you it's ok!"

"But I want to pay for it. I don't want to owe anything to you!"

Now I know why she wants to talk.

My mom told me about Charlotte grandma's condition. Yes, because I asked my mom about it. She said she offered Charlotte a deal. The hospital bill will be deducted from her salary but the heart transplant is too expensive.

So Charlotte has been saving money for it. But yesterday it's unexpected. I know she doesn't have money yet because she does. I know grandma has already done the transplant.

One thing common about Charlotte that I know in the past and present, she still has the heart of gold. She always looks for others.

She takes responsibility to her sister and grandma. In the report said she helped her sister study and graduate. She's been working non stop for her family. She always puts them first.

So right now I am here. I don't want her to feel alone on this responsibility. If she's responsible for her sister and grandma then I am responsible for her. Nobody looks after her so it's my job to take care of her.

"Babe, I told you no need to pay! It's ok, it's all on me!"

"But….!"

"Shhh… it's a dime to me. I have a lot of money and I just put it to good use. Don't worry about it!"

"But Xavier, it's not gonna work like that! Even if you are your own person. I don't want anyone to think that I am using you or anything at all! Those people will know. What about your family? What will they think of me after this?"

",Babe if you're worrying about my family, please don't. It's my mom who convinced me to do it anyway. And my dad? Hahahaha .. Babe, just don't worry, ok? My family is weird but I promise you they won't think negatively about you!"

"But still I want to pay!"

"Goodness, woman! You don't want to stop don't you?"

"Because I feel something isn't right Xavier!" She whined and now she's looking cute and all.

Her nose scrunched a little and her lips pouted. That look is enough for me.

" What isn't right?"

"You… you paid everything even if you're not part of the family. They are my responsibility not yours!"

"And you are mine. You are my responsibility! So it is even now!"

"Urgg.. How come??? I am not your girlfriend or wife?? Why am I your responsibility?" She asked, confused.

"Then let's get married right away!"  Her jaw dropped in shock.

"Xavier for once be serious!"

"I am! Let's get married???"

"No way! "

"Why?".

"I don't even know you Xavier. I don't date you! Or shit…. I don't know what I am talking about. Look… can I just pay you? The other way…" I looked at her suggestively and she gave me a look. "No…. I don't mean that way! Goodness! Xavier…" she whined again but this time her cheeks flushed with pink tint.

"What are you talking about?" I innocently asked her. Deep inside I want to burst laughing.

This girl, even after a tiresome day I feel refreshed looking at her. She's like my own medicine.

When I was a kid it's usual for me to hear what my parents said.

When you're tired all you have to do is to look at the person you love. Everything you felt will vanish. Those tired, sleepy and stressed will vanish. They are like drugs. A drug that is only for you. So if you happen to find it, then grab it. It's a one time opportunity only.

That's always my parents' reminder to us. And now I feel nostalgic. I know what it means because I am looking at my own drug.