CHAPTER THIRTY SIX - TOO FAST

Charlotte POV

"Hi babe!" He said as he walked closer to me and tried to give me a kiss on my cheeks.

"Don't you dare!" I said to him as I grabbed one of the bouquets in the hallway and smacked it to him lightly.

" Babe….!" He whined and tried to hug me.

"Don't babe me. How could I do something like this?"

"What did I do?" He asked me innocently like he did nothing wrong.

"Don't give me that look! What did I do my butt! Those flowers, how could you send so many??" I said as I pointed to the flowers that were placed on the hallway down to my clinic.

I still feel goosebumps each time I glimpsed. I mean how could he do such a thing?

"Babe…!" He tried to hug me again.

"Please Xavier don't do something like that ever again!"

"Why?"

"Because…!" I paused as I searched for the right words to say to make him understand. "Hmmm… how can I say this…. I mean, can we not put so much attention into our relationship? I don't want people to know…"

"What? You don't want anyone to know? Why? Don't you one anyone to know that you are with me? Why?" He said

"No, I didn't mean that! I mean, I want people to know but not this way. People will come to know eventually anyway!" I said go to him.

"But babe, I just want to show you how much I love you to the world!"

"You don't have to. If you want me to feel how much you love me then show it to me in other ways but this way. My goodness isn't it too much?" I said as I looked around and pointed at the flowers.

"Hehehehe… I just want to show how thankful I am for giving me a chance!" He said as he came close and hugged me.

Of course, I believe him. But I am not the type of girl to be moved like this. If he wants to show his love then better in another way. I hate unwanted attention to others. I want my life to be private, not an open book to anyone.

"I know but don't ever do something like this ever again, understood?" I said to him and held my hand to stop him as I saw his face slowly getting down and his eyes looking intensively at my lips.

Not gonna happen.

"Don't you dare kiss me in the middle of the hallway. I am going to castrate you!" I said as I warned you.

Instead of listening to me. The idiot just smiled and gave me a quick kiss on my cheeks. I know I look like a ripe tomato right now. It's new to me and I don't know how to act romantically with someone, especially with him.

I may lose some part of my memories and I know obviously that I had been in this sort of thing in the past but the fact that I haven't any memories of them makes me seem to feel like new.

"Babe???" Xavier said while giving my hand a squeeze while he was driving with his other hand.

"Hmmmm???" I said as I looked at him confused.

"I am talking to you but you seem not here? Are you ok?" He asked me again while squeezing my hand.

"I am!" I said. Half truth, half lies.

I mean I am just thinking about what happened yesterday and now we are on our way to his parents house.

I know Mrs Knight has been very good to me and she always has this beautiful smile when she's with me. But it's different now, I am dating her one and only son. I don't want her to think of anything.

But then again I thought about the past few months that she keeps telling me to have a date with her son. I keep saying no since I am not interested in dating. Even now I am shocked that I gave him a chance.

"Come on, you can tell me anything babe!" He said still thinking about me being quiet in his car.

I mean who wouldn't? I am going to meet his parents? It was just the other day that I said yes to him then the next day he took a step and declared to the world that we are in a relationship. Then today we are going to meet his parents?

I have mixed emotions right now. It's like I am in a whirlwind romance where you fall in love in just a week of meeting that someone.

I don't even know if it's the right thing. But somehow there's a voice inside me that I am doing what's right. Though there's a part of me too that says don't be blinded by what you feel, think of what could happen after this.

So many voices that I can't understand. Some even appeared in my dreams. Dreams that have haunted me all the years since the accident happened. I don't know but ever since I met Xavier my nightmare keeps appearing in my dreams every night.

I would be lying if I said I didn't feel scared. I am scared. But it's like I am floating in a deep sea where I can't see any island to sink in. How am I supposed to know if I can't even know what really happened?

And it's scared me the most if Xavier knows about me. Will he accept me? I am planning to tell him about my past. I know it would make things change for the both of us. But I don't want to hide anything from him. As early as possible I want to know where this relationship stands.

"It's nothing! I am just nervous meeting your family! Isn't it too early?" I asked him.

I saw him frown from what I said and let out a sigh. He then pressed my hand tightly as if telling me something.

"Babe, it's not about early or late. I just want to show you how serious I am. I never experienced this before. I mean letting my girlfriend meet my family!" He smiled at me when he glanced at me then back to driving.

Goodness, what did I do to deserve him? I mean , just a month ago we just met and now he is my boyfriend? I never expected myself to have a boyfriend. I never once was romantically involved with a man.

But with him I feel like I am comfortable and home? Don't know why?

"We're here!" He said brings me back from reality as my mind drifted back in the past.

"Wait for me!" He said as he unbuckled his seatbelt and went out, jogged to my door side and opened for me.

He even presented his hand to guide me and smile at him. Guess what's wry with me. I don't know why I feel this giddy feeling everytime he does this kind of gesture on me.

I must be crazy!

"Don't be nervous!" He whispered in my ears. I think he felt the coldness of my hand that he keeps holding.

"I can't help it!" I answered him.

"By the way babe, you look beautiful. Well you always do. You're the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my whole life!" He said and shook my head.

Him and his way of words.