Chapter: 16 "Appropriate dress"

I walked up to him to see that he was showering, getting the dirt of his body off of him."Hey Con." I say giving him a sad smile. He just returned the smile back not saying anything.

"Are you alright?" I ask trying to get him to open a bit more up and talk to me like he did that other day.

"Yea just dad getting one my nerves and Jere not understanding why I don't want to do stuff with dad." He said while nodding.

"Well I'm sure he won't be here for long, I mean if he decides to stay we could always just not be home that often." I say sitting down on the grass while I waited for him to finish.

He dried himself off and then helped me to get up from the floor while we walked inside the house.

"It's cake time." Susannah said getting the cake all exited and going outside. Belly followed her out and me and Conrad were right behind.

"I want the piece with the strawberries." Belly said slightly running towards Susannah and the cake making her trip and crash into the cake. Me, Conrad, Laurel and my mom ran towards them to make sure that they were okay.

Conrad and my mom went towards Susannah while me and Laurel were with belly making sure that she was okay. When I was sure that she was okay I moved towards Susannah but she was alright and started getting up her self.

Adam stepped in making Susannah tell him to go away. But of course he didn't listen which made Conrad move forward but I grabbed his wrist before he could do something that he would regret afterwards.

He stopped and we watched as Laurel, my mom and Susannah went inside the house first and Belly, Victoria and John also went inside to get Belly into the bed.

I knew she was so gonna regret getting drunk when she wakes up and she's going to probably feel guilty about breaking Susannah's grandmother's stand and ruing the fourth. In my opinion she didn't ruin it but I think that she will think that when she wakes up.

Me and Conrad went inside my room but not before checking in on Belly and she was already fast asleep.

"Well that went to shit." Conrad said hopping onto my bed while I walked to my closet to pick out an outfit for the dinner that we were supposed to go to.

"Yeah Belly's probably going to regret getting drunk so much." I say while I opened my closet door. I have no idea what to wear.

"Mom how fancy is this restaurant?" I yelled from my room making her come into my room.

"Wear something appropriate and fancy." She said raising her eyebrows at me. Her comment made my mouth drop.

"What do you mean I always wear appropriate clothes." I say putting my hands on my hips. My outfits are absolutely fine.

"Dad is here and you know what I mean." She said closing the door behind her. I don't care that dad is here. He doesn't control what I can wear and what I can't.

Conrad just looked at me in confusion as to what my mother was referring to when she said that dad is here and that I should dress appropriately.

"Dad does in fact not like when I wear something like a dress or a skirt, he think I'm asking for attention." I said turning around to find what to wear.

"He cant control what you can wear and not." Con said sitting up on the bed with furrowed eyebrows.

I nodded. "Yeah that's why I'm not going to listen to him." I said with a smirk. No one decides what I can't wear and certainly not a man who cheated on his own wife.

"Oh you are going to get into trouble." He said with a chuckle. Shaking his head.

"That's the whole point. He can't just go around cheating on women and expect for me to respect him." I say getting a new idea.