Chapter: 18 "Fireworks"

I took of my heels before we entered the house so that I wouldn't need to walk in them as me and Conrad made our way up to my room.

"Wait I gotta stop somewhere first." I say with a smirk as I enter Conrad's room. I headed straight for the closet and picked out a shirt with a pair of my own shorts.

"Again really." Conrad said leaning against the doorframe.

"Yes really and I told you that you should just start to accept it at this point." I say as I walk towards the door to leave the room and go into mine to change.

Conrad leaned down before I could leave and connected our lips together. I smiled into the kiss feeling happy how things worked out between us.

I left and changed into the comfy clothes before I walked into Connie's room to find him on his bed scrolling through his phone.

I laid beside him, putting my head on his chest while he put his phone down. He started rubbing my back which made me somewhat sleepy even though it was only 8:30 PM.

"Are you okay, what happened today." He said while continuing to rub my back.

"Dad started freaking out well about everything. First that I didn't tell him that I got accepted into Duke-" I say getting interrupted by Con.

"Wait you got accepted into Duke?" He said with a smile. I turned my head upwards so that I was facing him. I nodded in response.

"That's great Nina." He said before kissing me which made me happy to know that at least someone wasn't upset about the news.

"The second thing was that he didn't like me dating you well to be honest he doesn't want me dating anyone in particular so he got all angry about it." I say making Conrad roll his eyes at the thought of Aaron or should I say dad. It's ironic how we both hate each other's dad while we hate our own too.

"Which made me snap at him and tell him that he isn't in the position to control my life after he cheated on mum." I say finally finishing. Conrad chuckled when I told him that which mad me look up at him with a smile.

"What was his reaction." He asked getting into the story. I swear our lives had more drama then the Kardashian's.

"He denied it of course but he and mum were only focused on how Jayden would react to the point where they didn't care that I knew." I say chuckling to myself. Me and Con really brought the song "Daddy Issues" to another level.

"That's just fucking messed up." He said while he was still in fact rubbing my back. And I, like the sane person I am do not mind it in fact I love it.

"Yep oh and also he knows that I smoke now which probably means I'm in deep trouble tomorrow morning." I say throwing my hands up in the air.

"But I guess that the part that upset you the most was the fact that you left your pasta untouched in the diner." Conrad said grinning to himself.

"Don't even remind me I'm going to cry again." I sigh dramatically at the memory.

A few moments have passed and we were laying in silence and it wasn't awkward silence but like the comforting silence. It was very relaxing.

"Ooo we should totally go outside to the dock and watch the fireworks." I say sitting up on the bed with a grin.

"Sure if it helps you forget the pasta, we can run to the dock." Conrad said sarcastically which mad me whine at the fact that he reminded me again of the pasta.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me and Conrad were now sitting at the dock while the fireworks were really beautiful. "Have you seen Belly?" I ask turning my head towards the boy beside me.

"Yeah saw her when I was walking to the kitchen to grab the keys of the car to get you." He said. "And I can tell you that she felt guilty like a lot but Cam came over to help her with that." He said while chuckling.

"Wait they fucke-" I say getting cut of by Conrad again.

"Ew no Athena he was just there for emotional support." Conrad said while scrunching up his nose in disgust.

"I'm just saying she is old enough." I say raising my hand up in defence.

"Ok ew change the subject." He said while he dipped his feet in the water. I laid my head down on his lap while he started to play with my hair.

We sat there for a good 10 minutes. Neither of us talking and it was very comforting. Well until we heard a car pull up from the driveway and I immediately knew who it was. Me and Conrad locked eye contact before we ran to the house and into my room.

I laughed as we made it into my room without anyone seeing us. I threw myself on my bed as Con did the same and right after that we heard a knock.

"Athena open the door." I heard my dad say. I made eye contact with Conrad slightly panicking.

"No I'm with Connie." I say looking at the door which was locked.

"Well if you want my opinion I thi-." My dad starts before I interrupted him.

"I don't want it, I have my own." I say to him with my smile dropping from my face. We heard the footsteps getting lighter and lighter meaning that he was finally leaving.

I threw my head into my hands. At this point I was just annoyed at how much this man can't take a fucking hint that his daughter does not want to be around him.

"God he is annoying." I say laying down on my bed while Conrad joined me. We were kind of in the same position as the last time me leaning my head on his chest and him rubbing my back.

We stayed like that for what felt like hours when it was just minutes before we both fell asleep, drifting into our dreams.

A/N: I uploaded one more chapter because like why not 😫. And also btw TYSM FOR 6K READS LIKE WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. IM SO HAPPY AND GREATFUL FOR YOU ALLLLLLL. ❤️❤️❤️❤️🫶🫶🫶🫶

I LOVE YOU ALL AND I HOPE THAT YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT DAYYYY. 😍