Chapter: 19 "Waltz"

"Shit Nina get up." Conrad said and it seemed like he was in a hurry.

"No let me sleep it's summer." I say burring my face into the covers of the bed.

"You have the debutante waltz in exactly 7 minutes." He said while he pulled the covers from my head.

"Shit no no no." I say jumping up from my bed and trying to find the right clothes. I decided to go with a purple dress that had flowers printed on it.

I ran into my bathroom and changed really fast. I put on some small silver heels and just brushed my hair out.

"Belly!!" I yell from my room while Con was going to get the car keys and turn the car on. I got no response from Belly so I decided to go into her room and she wasn't there.

She has probably already left. I went into the kitchen and saw everyone there well except for the kids. "Have any of you guys seen Belly?" I ask looking at Laurel and Susannah not daring to make eye contact with my parents.

"Yeah she left like 10 minutes ago." Susannah smiled at me and I just nodded and ran out of the door to the car.

I sat in the passenger seat while Con was now getting out of our driveway. "Can you get fired at this debutante shit." I ask doing a weird hand movement.

"No I don't think so." Conrad said while he chuckled at my question.

"Thank god." I say while I applied some makeup. Nothing too serious well because I didn't have time but also because this was just the waltz.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You are late." Miss Paige said while she looked at me seriously.

"Yeah my dog ate my alarm clock so I couldn't make it on time I'm sorry." I say trying to sound serious because I didn't want the woman to hate me.

"Just go and stand where your supposed to." She said walking away from us. I would say that went pretty good.

Me and Con walked towards the only place that was available which was right beside Belly. "Hi Bells." I say hugging her.

"Hi guys." She said while she hugged me back and continued to look at her phone. She was texting Jeremiah.

"Texting your lover boy huh." I say making Conrad let out a laugh before he covered his mouth.

"He is not my lover boy and yes." She said putting away her phone after she sent the message.

"So have you asked him to be your debutante yet?" Conrad asked Belly as Shayla and Steven came towards us.

Belly just shakes her head as an answer, no. "Hey guys." Shayla said as she hugged me and Belly first.

"I see you guys made up." I say happy that they were able to get back together with each other.

"I'm so sorry I was such a mess yesterday." Belly said apologising to Shayla and Steven. "I really hope I didn't screw things up that bad." She said.

"It's okay." Shayla said looking at Steven. "We're good" She said as she smiled at the girl in front of her.

"Yeah but you were a Tasmanian devil though" Steven said looking at Belly jokingly.

"Be nice." Shayla said looking at Steven once again. "The first time that I got drunk I face timed each one of my exes, one by one and made them tell me why we broke up." Shayla said making me chuckle.

"Exes?" Steven said looking at Shayla. "Can I get like a ballpark figure?" He said looking kind of worried.

"What was it like the first time you got drunk Athena?" Belly said wanting to get an answer from me too. Well shit.

"I stole our neighbours cat." I say while I chuckled to myself. "My parents found out and I was grounded for three weeks straight." I say making Belly look at me.

"You stole your neighbour's cat?" Steven and Shayla said at the same time making me grin. I was very happy that I succeeded in steeling it.

"Yeah and I actually think that it was that time that you peed in the fireplace and stunk up the whole house." I say pointing at Steven which made his smile drop.

"Shit I remember that." Conrad said while he hooked his hand around my waist.

We got interrupted by Miss Paige and another woman who started talking about waltz which I wasn't focused on.

"So please join your partners now." She said while she opened her arms up towards us.

I had one hand on Conrad's shoulder while his other hand was on my waist and our other two hands were together.

"Belly doesn't have a partner, shit" I say as me and Conrad started to dance. Right after I said that Nicole came up to Belly and started dancing with her.

"Never mind she found one." I say making eye contact with Conrad.

A/N: Okay I have no excuse for not uploading another chapter except the fact that I was too lazy and just listened to Taylor Swift the whole day. 😗😟

I'm so sorry luvs I will try and update as much as I can but like my sister is coming tmr so that's just great.

Anyhow I love you all and have a great dayyy OH AND ALSO THANK YOU FOR FUCKING 8K READS LIKE WHAT THE ACTUAL SHIT. 🫶🫶🫶