One Drink Too Many

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

Bucky

It had been a few hours since I joined the party and the alcohol Thor had given me had finally got to my head. Steve was drunk.

It was fucking brilliant.

I was never going to stop talking about this.

To make it worse, he was flirting with the bar staff that Tony had hired for the evening. Most of them brushed it off or refused to talk to him, but there was one who couldn't stop laughing every time he tried to flirt. She joined in with the stupid games he wanted to play and I was happy that someone did.

I was proud of Steve.

Back in the 40s, there was no chance Steve could hold a proper conversation with any woman apart from Peggy. I liked Peggy. Even if I felt invisible when I was around them. She only had eyes for him and had eyes for him when he was a scrawny little punk.

"Oh shit!" Steve laughed as he knocked a bottle over on the bar.

"Don't worry," The girl smiled, "I do it all the time,"

"I made a mess,"

"It wouldn't be the first time tonight," She winked at him and I saw him blush.

It was about time I went to save her. I didn't want him to push the wrong buttons and I didn't know how he would act after a while.

"Sorry about him," I said reaching the bar, "He has had one too many drinks,"

"It isn't a problem," She said, looking at me, "I've had worse,"

"I'm sure you have," I smiled, "I'm Bucky,"

"Lily," She said, "Did you want another drink?"

"Beer please,"

"And for the Captain?"

"Water," I said, with a chuckle, "Steve, come on. No more drinks for you,"

"Alright, dad," Steve rolled his eyes and sat beside me, "I don't think I introduced myself to you. I'm Steve. Steve Rogers. It's nice to meet a pretty dame like you,"

My eyes went wide. Dame?

"Dame?" The girl said, "That's a first. But coming from an oldie like you, I don't mind. I'm Lily Jones,"

"Pretty name. Like a beautiful little flower,"

Oh god. He was starting to embarrass himself.

"I hope you aren't chatting up my staff," Tony said, putting his hand on Steve's shoulder, "You are so drunk. This is brilliant,"

"I'm sobering up," Steve muttered, "I was just telling Lily that she had a pretty name,"

"Lily, tell him to fuck off,"

"It's ok, Mr Stark," She said, "Honestly, he has made my night,"

"It's about to get even better," Tony smirked, "The guests are leaving. Clean up and send the other staff home. You are going to be keeping us company until you are ready to leave,"

"I can't do that, Mr Stark," Lily said, "I had to get up early in the morning and-"

"Won't be taking no as an answer!" Tony said as he walked off.

Lily sighed, "Fuck,"

"I can drive you home later," I said, without another thought and she looked at me, "Sorry. Did I say something wrong?"