You Didn't

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

Bucky

"And you checked the cameras and the people who turned up to the party?" Tony asked, his PA. I almost felt sorry for the girl, "Give me the list again. I want you to double-check everyone once again. Triple-check them. I want everything covered,"

"What was taken?" I asked.

"Nothing of importance," Tony said, "Just a file with current Hydra operatives and their locations,"

"Mr Stark, everyone checked out," The PA said, "No one has a record, their identities are all ok,"

"And the bar staff?" Clint asked.

Tony sighed, "I've used them time and time again. They cause no problems at all,"

"Maybe we should bring them in to see if they saw anything," Steve said, "You can never be too careful. I doubt that your party goers did this,"

"You're right," Tony took his glasses off, "Call them in. I want them here by the end of tomorrow. It's too late to call them back in. If they don't answer their phone, pick them up personally,"

As Tony walked out of the room, Steve tapped my shoulder.

"Yes?"

"Did she get home alright?" He asked and I nodded, "Did you apologise on my behalf?"

I chuckled, "She said she didn't mind and it was funny to see Captain America be so loose,"

"So..." He smirked, "Did you rock her world?"

"Jeez, Steve," I said, walking away from him, "I walked her home, thanked her for the cocktails she made for us and left after I told her to lock her door. That was it,"

"I was just asking," Steve laughed, "No need to get defensive. You should get some rest. You look tired,"

"Fucked," I said trying not to smirk.

I stood across the street watching the bar, waiting to find the right time to set foot in the building. Steve was sipping his coffee next to me and I looked at him.

"It's not as busy," I said, "We should probably go in now,"

"I agree," Steve said, pushing himself away from the tree, "It looks like she loves her job,"

"I'd hate it," I muttered, "Have to talk to people you don't know all day and every day,"

Steve followed me across the road and into the bar. There was a quiet hum of voices and a few scrapes of cutlery on plates. There were only a few women dotted around and Lily behind the bar, but she was clearly doing something else because we couldn't see her. Other than that, it was full of men.