Then Call Her

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

Bucky

Tony was trying hard to find out who the woman was but he was coming up with a dead end. It was like she didn't exist.

I had healed after a day and I was ready to go back into the field. Steve thought I needed more time but he also knew better not to stop me when I was pissed off. I couldn't fight the woman and it had pissed me off.

"Call her," Steve said as I tossed my coffee mug into the sink, "You might relax if you hear her voice,"

"She told me not to call. She would call me from a safe phone,"

"You have her number right?"

"Both numbers,"

"Then call her. Say it's an emergency and she could be in danger,"

I tutted and dialled her number. It rang a few times before someone answered. It just wasn't Blue.

"This phone is no longer available for kinks and chains. If you are after that, please hang up,"

"Who are you?"

"I could ask the same question. I was expecting Blue to call this number. No one has this number. Who are you?"

"Bucky Barnes,"

"Oh! The daddy superhero. If you are after Blue then so am I. I haven't spoken to her for a while now. She's been off-grid,"

"Off-grid? Is she ok?" I asked and Steve stopped what he was doing to look at me, "Where is she?"

"You tell me. The morning you left, so did she. I've not heard from her since. She was meant to meet me but never showed up. It isn't unusual for her but she normally sends me some type of message to let me know if she is safe,"

"It's been four days since you've seen her?"

"She only does this if she is in trouble and is in hiding or she's hooked up with someone. It isn't Aiden because he isn't in London,"

"What?"

"Look, Mr Daddy. But you are taking up my precious time and I need to find Blue. If you know anything then call back," She said.

"Don't call me that and what am I supposed to call you?"

"Dizzy," She said and hung up on me.

"Blue hasn't been seen or heard from since I left. Something is wrong," I said, "Steve, we have to find her,"

"We will. Tony needs to know. I wouldn't be surprised if he put a tracker on her,"

I nodded and followed him to where Tony was and everyone else was there.

"The woman is somewhere in New York. I just don't know where," Tony said, "Whoever she is, she's better at disappearing than you Bucky,"

"Forget about her. I need you to find Blue,"

"Why?" Sam asked.

"Just find her. Please,"

Tony sighed and typed something on his tablet and frowned, "New York. Did she tell you she was coming to visit you?"

"No,"

"Well, she is on the way up. Must be important,"

We turned as the lift reached our floor and I had a sick feeling.

"Something isn't right," I said quietly.

The lift door opened and Steve yelled for everyone to get down. The woman from the other day started shooting and this time, her hair was jet black.

"Oh god," I whispered, "Blue?"

A shield soared through the air and the woman caught it with ease and threw it back. Steve ducked as it embedded itself into the wall.

Peter managed to yank her gun away with his web and I tackled her onto the floor, pinning her arms under my knees. My heart was racing as her dark eyes stared up at me and I yanked the mask from her face and then the wig.

"Blue?" I whispered and I grunted as her legs came up and wrapped around my waist throwing me backwards. Her eyes showed no emotion and I swallowed hard, "I'm so sorry for this,"

I sent my fist at her jaw and I heard the crack as it made contact. Her body dropped onto me and I lifted her up placing her on the table. No one said anything as I stared at the metal arm and my hands shook as I reached for it.

I whimpered slightly when I felt metal and I dropped onto the chair, resting my head against her stomach, trying not to cry.

"They took her arm," I whispered.

"Bucky," Steve put his hand on my shoulder.

"They took her fucking arm!" I screamed and knocked him away, "Who does that? What...fuck!"

I put my hands on my head and yelled out.

"Steve," Tony said, "Take her to the lab,"

"Don't fucking touch her," I snapped and stood up, "No one fucking touches her,"

Tony nodded, "Bruce will need to run tests,"

"Not without me there," I said picking Blue up carefully, "She doesn't like being tested on,"

"I'll be gentle," Bruce said, "Nat, can you see if any of your clothes will fit her? I don't think she will want to wear this when she wakes up,"

"I think she left some clothes behind," Nat said, quietly, "Bucky, I promise you that we will get the bastards that have done this to her. You have my word,"

I nodded and she squeezed my arm as she walked away.

"I'll come with you," Wanda said, "I might be able to see what is going on in her head,"

The ride down to the lab was horrible. Blue was still knocked out and I couldn't look at her metal arm. I felt guilty. It was my fault she was like this. It was like they knew how to get to us. To me.

"Bucky?" Wanda said, "She will be ok. Blue is strong. You will help her,"

"Have you read her thoughts?"

Wanda nodded, "There isn't much there right now but when she wakes up, I might be able to read some more,"

"Keep Aiden away from her," I said, looking at Bruce, "He isn't healed properly but I don't know how he will act if he knows Blue is here and in this condition,"

"He isn't near the lab. Don't worry," Bruce said, "This way. Bucky, you need to trust me to do my job. I won't hurt her,"

"I know," I whispered, "Bruce, please...bring her back,"

"I will do my best," Bruce said.

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛