Remember Me

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

Bucky

Blue's room was left how it was after she went back to London. A few of her clothes were still hanging up in the wardrobe as Tony promised, and her bed was made with no creases. That was until I started sleeping in there. The sheets still smelt like her shampoo and body wash and it relaxed me.

But every time I had to get up, I felt sick and angry knowing that the woman I had fallen for was made into a soldier like I was. Blue had managed to escape Hyrda but was thrown back into their world. I had to do something and I was going to kill every person who hurt Blue. They weren't going to ask for forgiveness or ask for their life if they gave information. I was going to kill them without blinking.

There was a knock on the door and Nat came in, "How are you doing?"

"You tell me," I said quietly.

"You need to eat," She said sitting next to me, "Blue will be back to the same girl you were frustrated with. It's been two days and you haven't eaten, let alone showered,"

I sighed, "How is she?"

"kicking up a fight and not eating," Nat said, "I don't know how to comfort you. Steve is at a loss as well,"

"I'll shower and see her,"

"Maybe you can get her to eat," Nat said, "She doesn't know any of us but I can see the fear in her face when Bruce comes near her cell. Blue is scared of men. I'm hoping that when she sees you, there might be some recognition,"

"And what if there isn't?" I asked standing up, "It's...what if she has forgotten me?"

"Bucky, you love her," Nat stated and I shrugged.

"Isn't it a bit soon to love her?"

"Not really," Nat said, "You can't help how fast you fall for someone. Blue is beautiful and she obviously ticks all your boxes. Not to mention how much she challenges you. I enjoy seeing you bicker,"

"Get out. I need to shower,"

Nat hugged me, "Blue will be ok. Just let Bruce do his job,"

There was a pile of smashed plates swept into the corner of the room and Bruce looked up at me as he picked up the dustpan.

"She is in a bad mood," Bruce said, "Good luck,"

"Is she any better?"

"Well, yes. When she was knocked out, I checked out her arm," Bruce said, "I'm sorry,"

I sighed, "I figured. Are...are the scars bad?"

"No. Whoever did this was professional. No visible scars," Bruce put his hand on my shoulder, "I think she might like to see a new face. The arm might help. Press that button if you need any assistance. I won't be far,"

I waited for him to leave before I walked over to Blue's cell. She was lying on her back with her hands behind her head, glaring at the ceiling. I sat down and put her plate of food through the gap and cleared my throat.

"You need to eat,"

"And you need to bite me,"

"Normally, I'd jump on that but not when you're like this. You'll probably kill me," I said and she turned her head to look at me, "Please. You need to eat,"

"Did you poison it?" She asked, sitting up.

"Never," I said, "I wasn't sure what you wanted, but I cooked you some pasta,"

She scoffed and walked over to the plate. Blue sniffed it and tasted the sauce, "Not bad. I guess,"

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"How do you think I'm feeling?" She glared at me, "Strangers have locked me in a cell, have been taking blood and keep asking me if I know them. I don't know anyone in this fucking place. All I know is that I was sent to kill people and I didn't complete my mission,"

"Fair enough," I said, "Can I ask about your arm?"

"No, you may not,"

"I have the same," I said, waving my metal hand and she glanced at it, "Did you want to tell me how you got yours?"

Blue swallowed a mouthful of the food, "I woke up with it. You?"

"Same," I said, "Does it hurt?"

"Nah," She said, "I heal quickly. Even the scratch marks I had have gone. My boss said it's a good thing,"

"And your boss, do you like working for him?"

"Why are you asking me so many questions?"

"Because I used to be in your position," I said, "I was made to do things I wouldn't normally do. I got out and here I am. I'm happy,"

"How did you escape?" Blue asked.

"With difficulty," I shook my head, "I was sent to kill an old friend but I stopped. I don't fully remember what happened but he saved me. He told me everything and I managed to get some of my memory back,"

"How did you get away from them?" She asked quietly, "They were in my head and I had to do what they told me,"

"It takes some time but you are different to me," I said, "I was frozen for years before they woke me up and-"

"You're the Winter Soldier?"

"Was. I was the Winter Soldier. But I'm not him anymore," I said, "Do you remember anything?"

Blue pushed the empty bowl through the gap, "Thanks for the food,"

"You're welcome," I smiled, "We are here to help. Ok?"

"Sure, you are,"

"They helped me," I shifted in my seat, "Blue, do you remember me? At all?"

Blue shrugged, "I don't remember much,"

"Oh, ok,"

"Why?" She asked, tilting her head, "Should I remember you?"

I forced a smile, "I'd like you to. We...we started something,"

"Like a fight?"

I laughed, "Not a fight. Although we have been in a few fights. I would like you to remember me. I want to take you on the date I promised you,"

"A date?" She asked, her face going red, "Why would I go on a date with you?"

"Because I like you. Probably more than that," I smiled, "Would you be willing to curve your violence so we can help you?"

"It depends," She said folding her arms and sitting on the floor, "Are you friends going to try and threaten me or stick me with more needles?"

"I don't think they were threatening you," I said.

"They told me that if I don't tell them what I know, then I'm being thrown into a place called the Raft," She said, "I don't know shit! All I know is that I woke up with my fucking arm gone! That is all I know! I don't know anyone and I just want to...forget it,"

"You just want to what?" I asked walking over to the cell, "I want to help you but you need to talk to me,"

Blue sighed and hugged her knees to her chest, "I want my life back. I want to know why they took my arm...and I want to remember...you,"

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛