Brother?

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

Blue

I sniffed once again and Bucky tucked the blanket further under my chin. I glanced at him and he sent me a wink making my face burn slightly. A feeling I had missed a lot. It made a change because most of the time I felt pain or emptiness.

"Brother?" Nat said, "I thought you were the only child,"

"So did I," I shrugged, "Tony ran some tests and it's true. Billy was my brother. I don't remember him. At all,"

"Did he have any enhancements?" Steve asked and I shook my head, "How do you know?"

"Because the idiot couldn't open a jam jar on a good day," I rolled my eyes, "I don't understand. It's not like I can ask my parents,"

"I got it!" Tony said, running into the room and he dropped a folder on my lap, "I did my research and when Billy was born, your mother was forced to give him up. She was unwed and her boyfriend was killed during a drug raid. He was a policeman and was shot dead when a suspect appeared out of nowhere. Back then, unwed mothers weren't trusted to be single mothers. Your mother had no choice. From what I have found, she never stopped looking for Billy even after you were born,"

"Why didn't she tell me?" I asked, looking at the young photos of my mum, "I would have thought she'd tell me,"

"She might not have gotten the chance," Bucky said, "Hydra was hunting you down,"

I swallowed hard, "So what now?"

"You've killed Vlad. Sam, Wanda and Thor tracked down the other members of his group and they have mysteriously disappeared,"

"You killed them, you mean?"

"Wanda did," Tony waved his hand in front of his face, "It doesn't matter. You are free to do what you like,"

"I'm free?" I whispered.

"You are," Tony smiled and then patted my head, "I also found out what your name is,"

"Fuck," I said, jumping to my feet, "If you tell anyone, I will have to kill you,"

Tony laughed, "What's wrong with your name?"

"I never liked it. I was bullied for it,"

"You were bullied?" Peter asked.

"I did have a life before Hydra, you know," I tutted, "How did you find it?"

"It was on your parent's documents," He shrugged, "So, what do you want to do?"

Bucky had slammed the door in my face and I felt my shoulders drop, trying my hardest not to cry. I didn't think he would react like that when I told him I wanted to go to London for a while. I wanted to go home and he didn't like it. He didn't even give me a chance to tell him why.

"Are you ok?" Steve asked making me jump, "I take it he didn't react well?"

"I thought the yelling and door slamming in my face was obvious," I said quietly.

Steve nodded, "Did you need help packing?"

"I thought you would want me to stay," I said following him into my bedroom, "You told me Bucky was smiling more with me around,"

"True but I just heard him tell you to fuck off and never talk to him again,"

My bottom lip trembled, "I thought he loved me,"

Steve wrapped me into a hug as I tried to cry silently, "He does,"

"No he doesn't," I cried, "He told me to fuck off! He doesn't care about me. He got what he wanted and now h-he can live a l-life without me!"

"Don't be so stupid," Steve said, cupping my face in his hands, "He does. But Bucky doesn't express emotions well. Buck is complicated but he does love you,"

"Right, right," I said, "So if we were in love and I wanted to go back to London, how would you react?"

"Well, I kinda do love you," He muttered, "But I would understand that you needed to get away from it all,"

"I forgot about that," I mumbled and he laughed, "You can let go of my face now,"

"I just wanted to study you for a little while longer considering I won't be seeing you for a while,"

I couldn't help but laugh and I smacked his hands away, "I'm not going to vanish,"

"Of course," Steve smiled, "What about Aiden?"

"What about him?" I asked, heading to my wardrobe. I tossed a few outfits over my shoulder and onto the bed and I turned around to see Steve holding up one of the outfits I had bought for Bucky. He just never had the chance to see it on me. I snatched it away from Steve who was wearing a smirk and I stuffed it into my suitcase, "Stop fingering my clothes,"

"I've fingered something better,"

I punched him in the gut and he grunted, "Aiden. You asked about Aiden,"

"Will you stay with him when you get back?"

"Nah, I have some friends to stay with," I said, grabbing another revealing dress from Steve. He laughed at my reaction, "We will be at Billy's funeral in a few weeks. I'm taking Thor's alcohol so I can drink away my sadness,"

"Alcohol can't always help with sadness,"

"No, but it will take it away for a few hours,"

"I'll miss you," Steve said, quietly.

I smiled and hugged him, "I'll miss you too, Stevie but this is for the best. If I stay here any longer, I'll just be sad all the time. Especially since Bucky...it's ok. This is for the best. Bucky doesn't want me here anymore. He made that obvious,"

"He's an idiot,"

"Meh," I said, stepping away from him, "I'm not leaving until tomorrow night. You guys have me for a few more hours,"

"Good," Steve smiled, "Which means I can take you for dinner tonight?"

"No,"

"Worth a try," He chuckled, "Finish packing. I think Tony is planning a farewell party for you. Dress up fancy like last time. There won't be a lot of people there this time,"

"Do I have to?"

"Yes!" Wanda and Nat said rushing into the room.

"Steve, get your ass out of here," Nat said, kicking his ass, "It's girl time. Fuck off,"

"Alright, alright," Steve said, lifting his hands into the air, "I'm leaving,"

"Hey, Steve?" I said before he closed the door, "Thank you. For being there and for being a friend,"

Steve smiled, "Anytime, gorgeous,"

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛