Strip Club

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

Bucky

I dropped onto the sofa letting out a heavy sigh. The mission was hard and everyone was injured but not as bad as it could have been. We were all lucky with scrapes and bruises.

Unfortunately, I was distracted and ended up getting stabbed. My fault. But it was also Blue's fault. She had left after telling me she would be back.

Blue lied.

It had been 3 months since she returned to London and she had dropped off the face of the Earth. No one could find her. It was hard enough finding her the first time but there was no chance we were going to find a ghost.

"How are you feeling?" Steve asked sitting opposite me, "And I'm not talking about the stab wound,"

"Yeah. I know," I said, "I miss her but she also lied to me. She promised she would be back after the funeral. No one can find her and her phone has been disconnected,"

"Maybe the funeral was harder on her than we thought it would be," Steve said, "Blue never was good with her emotions but she loves you, Buck. That wasn't a lie,"

I shrugged.

"Sam thinks we should all go out tonight. Nat and Wanda said it would be good for everyone to enjoy ourselves for a bit," Steve said, "But I don't know where they are taking us,"

"That doesn't fill me with confidence,"

"Are you going to keep an old man company?"

I laughed, "Yeah. You could have another old man feeling as awkward as you. I just fucking hope they don't take us to that strip club again,"

"Bucky?" Steve said, "Blue will come back to you. Ok?"

I nodded, "I know. Shuri wanted to see how she was coping with the metal arm,"

"Ah, yes. The metal arm," Steve stood up, "You need to stop blaming yourself for that, Bucky. That wasn't your fault,"

"Easier said than done. I know she doesn't blame me but it is my fault they-"

"Old men!" Nat shouted as she came into the room, "What are you doing? Get yourself in the fucking shower and get dressed up. We are going out and you aren't going to say shit about where we are going. If you do, I will have to kick your asses!"

And with that, she left.

"Well," Steve said, "I guess we have to go now,"

I was going to kill Sam.

He knew how awkward I was when it came to places like this. I may have been a lady's man back in the day but strip clubs weren't standard when I was growing up. Even being over 100 years old, this still sucked.

Sure, the women were attractive but I didn't want them to dance on me. Steve was just as awkward as I was and we ended up almost running to the bar to get away from the girls and their private bits hanging out. The only woman I wanted to see naked was Blue. Hell, if Blue dressed up in skimpy outfits and danced for me I'd probably self-combust.

"I need to get the hell out of here," I muttered and Steve agreed, "I can't deal with this for much longer,"

"Incoming," Steve said and I looked over my shoulder to see Nat coming towards us, "She is on a mission,"

"Listen," She said, "I had no idea you would be so awkward in a strip club. Normally, men love having women shake their ass and tits in their face,"

"But they weren't raised before the war, were they?" Steve said, "Look, I appreciate you wanting everyone to be together, but maybe this isn't the right place,"

"Fair enough," Nat nodded, "You better leave before Sam books you both a private dance,"

Steve and I quickly downed our drinks and left the club, listening to Nat laugh at us.

"That was a stupid idea," Steve said, "Agreeing to have a drink here,"

I shrugged, "Got us out of the tower,"

"True. But I'm not comfortable with random women dancing on me,"

I shot a look at him, "You let Blue,"

Steve blushed, "Slightly different and I have said sorry for that. But you weren't together and...I enjoyed it. Sorry,"

"It's fine," I sighed, "Do you think she will come back,"

"I don't doubt it," Steve said without hesitation, "I know she loves you. There must be a reason why she hasn't come back sooner,"

After we got home, we had a few more beers and a long talk about the past before heading to our room. I didn't want to socialise anymore and Steve understood. I felt alone even though I had people around me all the time. I wanted Blue. That was who I really needed. I sighed and lay down, rubbing my face with my hands. I didn't know what to do with the pain I was feeling. Who knew that not seeing the one you love would hurt so much?

My eyes shot open as I heard a noise from outside my door and I slowly sat up, grabbing the knife on my bedside table, ready for whoever was on the other side of the door. The door handle turned and the door swung open revealing nothing but darkness.

I heard the sound of a knife being pulled from its sheath and I cursed, quickly catching the knife that was tossed at me. I faced the attacker and ducked a punch. I grunted as their knee came in contact with my gut and I thrust the knife up, missing their face by inches. Whoever was trying to fight me was good and they took a few steps back, lifting their hands up ready for a fight.

The knives were thrown onto my bed and we attacked at the same time. I couldn't see their face but he was strong. Every hit I took was going to leave a bruise and I was getting more and more frustrated that they were getting the better of me.

My eyes went wide when they hooked their leg around my ankle and took me down to the floor. He sent a quick jab to my chest and hooked their legs around mine, pinning me to the floor. My wrists were pinned under his knees.

The attacker sat up, pulling their hood down and their mask. My eyes went wide at the big grin they were sending me.

"Miss me?"

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛