That Was Impressive

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

Blue

I was standing in the corner of the room away from everyone trying to take a deep breath. Not only was I uncomfortable in this dress despite looking good, but there were also too many people. I didn't want strangers talking to me and especially didn't want them touching me.

Some men were getting a little too friendly. I had to excuse myself so I didn't toss them out of the window. I was getting increasingly agitated and I knew the next one to touch or say anything inappropriate to me, I was going to snap their fingers and maybe their neck.

"Everything ok?"

"Peachy," I said through gritted teeth, "Why aren't you keeping blondie company?"

Steve shrugged and leaned on the wall next to me, "I'm not interested. I've taken her out on a date and we kissed but that's about it. I don't have any feelings towards her,"

"Have you told her that?"

"Multiple times," Steve sighed, "You didn't need to apologise for what happened,"

"I wanted to rip your face off. I needed to. You and Bucky were only trying to help,"

"You know, you aren't as bad as I originally thought,"

"Not sure whether I should take that as a compliment,"

Steve chuckled, "It's a compliment. You're tough and you have gained the attention of many men tonight,"

"Ugh," I scoffed, "Then they need to keep their hands to themselves. I don't want to embarrass anyone tonight. I promised myself that I would behave. Has anyone seen the Hydra member?"

"Ah," Steve scratched his cheek, "Tony may have lied to get you here tonight, but don't get mad. He wanted to include you,"

"Excuse me," I smiled and placed my glass on the table, "I need to talk to him,"

"Blue, he only wanted you to feel part of the team,"

"I'm not part of the team," I said, spinning to face him, "I am but a mere pawn in the Avengers game of ridding the world of Hydra. I am a thief and I am only wanted when people need something. I am here because I am getting paid to steal. The Avengers is not my home and they are not my family"

"That sounds so...lonely,"

"And that's how I prefer life. Once the job is done, then I'm gone. I will be the wind and you will never see me again. I can't promise you won't hear of me but that's how it works, Steve,"

"You never know, you might change your mind," Steve said.

"I doubt it, Captain," I said, "Now, excuse me, I need to have words with the metal man,"

"Don't fight, please,"

"I'm not promising anything," I muttered and walked away from him on a mission. Tony was surrounded by the Avengers and he looked up when he spotted me. I was only a few metres away from him when I gasped.

Some prick has smacked my ass, making it echo and bringing me to a halt. I saw Tony's eyes go wide and he slowly stood up, with the others.

I turned around to see the man who had smacked my ass. He smiled at me and winked, making me clench my fists, "You touched me,"

"I want to do more than touch you," He chuckled, and played with a strand of my hair, "What do you say?"

Calm, Blue. Calm.

"If you were smart, you'd walk away," I said, quietly.

"I'm not smart and I won't give up on a gorgeous girl like you," He pinched my jaw between his fingers and I could smell the alcohol on his breath, "Shall we leave the party and go someplace else?"

I smiled widely as I grabbed his wrist and twisted it, making him bend over to the side crying in pain, "The only place you will be going with me is to the fucking morgue!"

"Y-you're hurting m-me!"

"Touch me like that again, I will shove my fist up your ass and use you as a god damn puppet," I growled, "Do you understand? Broken fingers and wrist are the least of your worries if you mess with me again. Keep. Your. Disgusting. Hands. To. Yourself!"

I sent him a kick to the nuts and he groaned in pain, dropping to the floor just to hit his nose on the marble. I resisted the urge to kick him in the head and I turned to see that the Avengers had come closer. Either to help or have a look.

"If he doesn't get out of my sight right now, you will have to call his mum to tell him he is dead,"

"Got it," Tony said, "That was impressive,"

"No, that was self-defence against a pervert. It would have been more impressive if I held him up by his throat and used him as a javelin," I said, "But you lied to me,"

"I did,"

"All because you wanted to include me. Cute. But I'm only here to do a job. I don't want to be included in this,"

"I didn't want you to be alone in your room,"

"If I was alone in my room, I wouldn't have been sexually harassed the whole night,"

Tony's face darkened, "Who? Point them out. I won't allow that in my building,"

"Why didn't you ask for help?" Nat asked, "I would have kicked some ass as well,"

"Who would believe me?" I said quietly, "No one ever does. I'm going to my room. I am done with this party. Thanks for wanting to include me, but it's probably better you don't get attached to me,"

Tony nodded and put his hand on my shoulder, "Thanks for coming. But on the way out, point to everyone who has harassed you,"

"Deal," I said and it didn't take me long to point them out. Bucky, Steve and Thor rounded them up and they followed Tony to another room. Steve and Bucky said something to each other and Steve walked over to me.

"I'll walk you to your room," Steve said.

"I'd rather you didn't," I said heading for the door.

"Can I ask why?"

I sighed as we left the party, "Because the last time a super-solider walked me home, we had amazing sex. That's why,"

"I'm not walking you to your room to get into your bed," He laughed, "I'm walking you to your room because you look upset,"

I glanced at him, "What makes you say that?"

"I just do," He said, "I'm sorry for what you had to put up with tonight.

"Just the life of a female," I said, "It happens,"

"It shouldn't. Men shouldn't be like that. It's disgusting,"

"Unfortunately that is the world. Not much you can do,"

The rest of the walk to my room was silent. Not uncomfortable but not pleasant. The floor Tony had given me a room on, I shared with Steve and Bucky. Something about no one else wanting to share their floor. Nat had told me that Bucky had awful nightmares and terrors and she couldn't deal with it.

"If you need to talk," Steve said before I stepped into my room, "Or even cry. You can come to me. Sometimes you need it and after tonight you-"

I wrapped my arms around his waist, "Thank you,"

He hugged me back gingerly, "I wasn't expecting a hug,"

"I'm...nevermind," I said, stepping away, "Thanks,"

I shut the door in his face and yanked the dress off my body before dropping face-first onto my bed.

Why did you hug him?

God damn it, Blue. Don't show them any signs of weakness!

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛