Part 2

"Good morning everyone. Welcome to our company. Congratulations on your job. Kindly take your seats. We will be calling you one by one and you will have to submit the documents to us. At 11 we will have a tea break then at 1 lunch break for an hour and at 5 we will have a tea break for 15 mins and we will end at 6. I hope everything is clear. Thank you everyone" The words of the lady who was hosting the induction program echoed in the room.

Karan quitely went and sat in the front row of the room. Like a good student he had worn his formals as expected and was a bit nervous.

After few mins a guy came and sat next to him. "Hi, My name is Nishant. Aur tumhara naam?" said the guy extending his hand for a handshake.

"Hi I am Karan. Tum hindi bolte ho?" Karan replied while shaking his hand.

"Haan i think yaha pe bahot kam hindi speaking honge tabhi maine jab tumhe dekha to socha ke aake baat karta hu as thoda easy rehta hain na ni to sara time english hi bolni padegi" Came Nishant's reply.

"Tumhe dekh ke kaise pata chal gya ke main hindi bolta hu?" Karan got curious.

"Tumne haath me punjabi kada pehna hain na to wahi dekh ke samjha" Nishant replied shrugging it as obvious.

Karan smiled at his response. He was thinking how to continue this conversation as he wanted to enquire about PG and other things.

"Tum yaha pe kaha reh rahe ho?" came Nishant's voice breaking his chain of thoughts.

Karan looked towards him and said "abhi to hotel me ruka hu.. but PG dhundhna hain aaj... 6 baje ke baad jaunga... what about you?"

"Main bhi same.. to ek kaam karte h ek sath chal lenge PG dhundhne" Nishant proposed this idea.

Karan agreed to it and was happy that atleast he found someone with whom he can share his room and is also he is his colleague.

"Yaha pe or to koi hindi speaking ni lag raha muje" Karan said with a bit of disappointment.

"Na na.. ek or hain.. Umar.. M pehle uske saath hi peeche baitha tha but usse ek ladki achi lagi to wo usse baat karne k lie uske pas jake baith gya hain" Nishant replied instantly pointing towards Umar.

"But wo yaha flat rent leke rehta h so PG ke lie hum dono hi h" Nishant continued.

"Hmm.. ok.. chalo atleast hum dono to hain na" Karan replied.

"Hi... I am Vidhi.. Do you have any idea if there is any photocopy machine nearby... I am need 2 more copies of my 12th certificate " Vidhi said while turning towards her right to a girl busy on her phone.

"Hi .. I am Teja... No I dont have any idea but if you want we can go out and ask a peon or someone. They might help anyways we have got a tea break now" Teja said while keeping her phone down and was willing to help Vidhi as she could see her freaking out.

"Hmm.. ok..." Vidhi said.

Both of them got up from their seats and went out. They found the machine and got zerox copies of the documents. While going back to the room "Wapas jaane se pehle chai pee le plz.. ek to main subah jaldi uthi hu... so desperately in need of tea" requested Teja. Vidhi nodded and they moved towards cafeteria.

Vidhi took a table for them to sit and Teja stood in the line of the tea counter. 

"Tumhe pakka chai ni chahie? If you want then green tea le lo.. 15 min ki hi break hain iske baad fir se induction shuru ho jaega"  Teja said loudly so that Vidhi could hear. She shook her head denying any beverage.

"Hey. Hi I am Nishant. I have joined today itself" Nishant said to Teja who was standing behind her in the queue realizing that he saw her in the room.

"Hi.. I am Teja.. Yea I saw you in the room" Teja replied and they both shook hands.

"This is my friend Karan" Nishant introduced him as well.

Teja introduced herself to Karan as well. After taking the tea Teja offered them to join her and Vidhi. Karan being introvert was a bit apprehensive but Nishant who is an extrovert accepted the offer.

They moved towards the table on which Vidhi was sitting. Teja introduced both of them to her. After finishing their tea they went back to the room.

Teja turned towards Vidhi "Tum yaha pe kaha rehti ho? mujhe PG dhundhna h... tumhe koi idea h kya?"

Vidhi shook his head "Mujhe bhi dhundhna h.. shaam ko ek sath hi chal lenge dhundhne"

Teja nodded to her idea.

Now it is lunch time and by then Teja's and Vidhi's documents have been submitted. They have got their ID cards.

"Hum dono lunch karne ja rhe the tum join karoge kya?" Teja and Vidhi looked up from their phones and saw Nishant and Karan standing there.

"Haan chalte h... hume bhi bhookh lagi h.. hum dono bas PG search kar rahe the jo ki office ke pass bhi ho"Teja replied while getting up from her seat. Vidhi also followed her.

"Ohoo ab ladkiyan mil gai to tu muje bhul gaya na Nishant"  a voice came from behind.

"Are ni yaar Umar tum apni future setting kar rahe the to maine socha tumhe disturb na karu" Nishant replied and winked.

"Ni ni abhi to bas hi hello pe hi atka hu... these things take time.. Hi I am Umar" saying so he forwarded his hands towards everyone.

Teja, Nishant and Vidhi introduced themselves to Umar as well.

"Tum log kahi ja rahe the na? as far as i can think cafeteria ja rahe hoge.. to chalo ruk kyu gaye ho" Umar said while raising his eyebrows.

"Haan jaa to rahe the but tumne peeche se awaz maardi to ruk gae.. mere ghar pe bolte h ke peeche se awaz ni maarni chahie" came Teja's sarcastic reply as she was a bit irritated with his over smartness.

"Sorry madam" Umar said and joined his hands

Everyone giggled and moved towards the cafeteria. Umar, Vidhi and Karan stood in the queue for indian thali and Nishant and Teja went to sandwich and juice counter. They all came back to their tables and started eating.

"Teja ye 2-3 PG dikh rahe h pass me.. shaam ko jake dekh lenge ek bar." Vidhi  said showing her phone to Teja

"Haan dekhne me to theek lag rhe hain... ek baar dekh lenge jaake fir final kar denge but try karenge ki aaj hi final karde because aaj Saturday h... Kal Sunday h chutti h to saman set karne ka time mil jaega... Monday se to fir office hoga" Teja replied

"Hmm" Vidhi agreed with her.

"Tum log aaj PG dhundhne ja rhe ho kya? Maine and Karan ne bhi dekhna h... ek sath hi chal lenge... jaha bhi girls PG hoga uske aas pass boys PG bhi to hoga hi" Nishant proposed the idea.

"Haan ye baat bhi sahi h... atleast hum log aas pass bhi reh lenge" Teja said and got happy.

Everyone finished their food and were going to wash basin area. Teja was walking beside Vidhi but then quickly picked up pace and started walking with Nishant. "Nishant, Karan kuch bolta kyu ni.. itna shant kyu rehta h" asked Teja.

"Wo bahot bolta h... bahot funny bhi h but he takes his time to open up with people". Nishant explained.

Teja nodded and thought 'may be he doesnt like to initiate conversation. Bichara bahot chup chup rehta h. Chalo m hi try kar lungi usse baat karne ke lie'. 

They washed their hands to move back to the induction room again.

This is my first try with writing stories. Kindly drop your votes or comments to let me know how you guys are finding it.