Part 25

"Kya yaar tum teeno ko same Bangalore office bhej rahe hain and mujhe Hyderabad... Aisa kyu?" Nishant said looking towards Karan, Teja and Vidhi.

 "Sahi mein yaar ye to galat hain... tu akela yaha kya karega" Vidhi said.

"Don't worry... 2 3 months baad try kario ki transfer ho jae... Its not that difficult... even we will try to look for a project for you in our office and once you get it tab to wasily transfer ho jaego" Karan consoled him.

"Hmm... ek to because of the final assignment we didn't get any time to go out and make new memories." Vidhi whinned.

'Thank God time ni mila... atleast mujhe bhi Teja se distance maintain kar paya... ni to sab khrab ho jata' Karan thought.

'Thank God kahi bahar jaane ka plan ni bana... calls and watsapp pe to humne baat ni ki but agar bahar jaate to shayad zyada interaction hoti hamari... Usse dur rahungi tabhi apni feelings pe control kar paungi ... pata ni happy hu ya sad ki iska and mera office same hain' Teja was engrossed in her thoughts.

"Waise Bangalore me koi know hain tumhara jo PG dhundhne me and settle hone me help karde"?

Vidhi and Teja shook theit head in denial.

"Haan Anusha hain waha... wo help kar degi" Karan shrugged.

"Haan... Karan ki Anusha hain na wahi to help karegi" Teja's anger was visible in her voice.

"Ho gai ab training khatam... yahi room me rehna hain... PG ni chalna kya ya uske lie bhi kisi ki help chahie kisi ko?" Teja got up from her desk and stared at Karan while saying the last few words.

She stormed out of the room.

"Tum dono resolve kyu ni kar lete?" Vidhi told Karan.

"Huh?? Sorry mujhe samjh hi ni aya ki hua kya isse" Karan was surprised.

"Wahi to hum keh rahe hain talk to her... you guys behaved like complete assholes this week.. na hi you were your trueself and hi wo.. jo bhi prob hain deal it like adults yaar.. waise bhi aaj last day hain hum dono ka yaha" Vidhi persuaded.

"Mujhe ni pata... aaj hum sab ek sath dinner pe ja rahe hain and tu usse convinve karega.. bas baat khatam" Nishant walked out of the room followed by Vidhi and Karan.

At the exit gate of the office they found Teja waiting for them.

"Teja, sun na" Karan increased his speed to walk beside her as she was a bit ahead of them.

 "Firstly I don't know why you are angry with me" Karan continued.

"Are you serious Karan?" Teja gave an irritated expression.

"Ok ok... I am sorry.. sorry for that night at resort and sorry for irking you today as well but please aaj last dinner hain hum charo ka ek sath... meri wajah se wo mat spoil karo.. lets go for dinner na" He was pleading now.

Teja nodded  and said "Pehli baat jab tu resort wali baat ke lie sorry bolta hain na to mann karta hain ya to tera muh tod du ya apna... and aaj dinner but I am not going back to that beach resort... kisi or restaurant chalenge"

He agreed.

'I understand that you still like Anusha and I am just a friend to you but bar bar hamare special moments ke lie sorry bol bol ke don't hurt me na' Teja was thinking and looking into his eyes.

'I am sorry that I could not be a good friend to you and crossed that line which you told me not to... Teri galti ni hain if I have fallen for you... I will handle myself' Karan thought not breaking the eye contact that they were sharing.

*****************************************

"Chalo last day when all four of us are in Chennai comes to an end" Vidhi says standing outside their PG after having their dinner.

"I will miss you guys" Nishant looked at other three.

"Even we will miss you.. but I have a feeling that you will be back with us in Bangalore in next few months" Teja assured.

Nishant showed his crossed fingers to her.

"Wapas chalte hain PG... tum dono ko packing karni hogi... Karan ko bhi karni hain but usse pehle hum dono ki khamba party hogi aaj" Nishant winked.

They all greeted each other and went back to their rooms.

Vidhi and Teja completed their packing and lied down on their bed to sleep which was far away from her eyes.

'I am an idiot who thought that he likes me.. is pure week usne mujhse baat ni ki and it didn't effect him even a bit' With these thoughts a tear rolled down from her eyes. Engulsed in her tears and sadness she went off to sleep.

"Bhai... as a friend advice de raha hu... Teja ko apni feelings bta de" Nishant suggested him while finishing the 4th peg for the night.

 "Ni... kuch bola maine to wo dosti bhi tod degi.. abhi atleast I am happy that she is with me as a friend atleast" Karan picked up his glass of whiskey to take the last sip.

"Karan mujhe zyada to ni pata ki last weekend kya hua between you guys due to which tum dono itna indifferent behave kar rahe ho but agar Teja ne friendship todni hoti to last week hi tod deti.. but she didn't... I would still say tell her what you feel then let her decide" Nishant continued.

'Ek baar bolke dekhta hu... agar naraz hogi to main usse mana lunga... aise usse bina baat kare acha lagta mujhe... I am not alone Nishant and Vidhi hain but uska and mera bond alag hain... uske bina my days are useless and boring' He thought and the whiskey had also started kicking in now giving him more strength.

"Tu soja.. I will be back in sometime" Karan stepped out of the room.

At 2:30 at night Teja woke up from her sleep due to a phone call. She was irritated picked up the phone to see Karan's name flashing on it. He got up from her bed with a jerk.

"Hey... kya hua? are you okay? is time call kia... hello are you there" She was whisper yelling and picking up her earphones to go to the terrace to talk to him so that Vidhi doesn't wake up due to noise.

"Kuch bolne to do yaar" Karan requested.

"Sorry sorry bolo kya hua... and teri awaz itni alag sound kyu kar rhi hain" Teja reached the terrace.

"Kuch ni wo bas... wo thodi si daaru pi thi islie awaz aisi sound kar rhi hain... tension mat lo" He said.

"Thodi ni pee hain bahot zyada pee hain... i can make out from your voice" She was serious.

'But still I am happy that you called.. this whole week we didn't have even a single call... and i so love talking to you' She had a huge smile on her face.

"Mujhe tujhe kuch kehna tha" Karan's voice brought her back to the real word.

"But promise me ki aap bura ni manoge and friendship ni todoge... promise karo" Karan requested.

"Aisa kya hain... bol na kya hua" Her heartbeat increased.

"I know you said that you just want to be friendship and no liking and love shit" He continued.

"Hmm" She continued. She was getting anxious, nervous and excited... She wanted to hear his real feelings.

"Ni.. leave it... " He decided not to say anything due to the fear of loosing her.

"I promise... I promise no matter what you say hum hamesha friends rahenge" She was pushing him to accept his feelings. She somewhere knew that he likes her but wanted to hear it from him.

"hmm.. wo.. you promised haan so dosti ni todna... wo" He was short of words.

"Bol na Karan... ni to main pakka dosti tod dungi" Teja warned him

"I ... I love you Teja..." Karan spoke.

Note: any guesses on Teja's reply to Karan's confession