Part 17

"So the day ended well.. sabka assignment bhi submit ho gaya and dinner party bhi ho gai " Nishant spoke as they stood outside Vidhi and Teja's PG after coming back from dinner.

"Haan... m so happy for all of us" Teja said.

"Hmm.. we have one more celebration this week...in fact this Friday only.. it is Teja's birthday" Vidhi looked at Teja.

"Yes.. tujhe yaad tha?" She was surprised.

Vidhi nodded.

"To kya karna hain tere birthday pe bta" Nishant asked her.

"Maine as such kuch socha ni hain" Teja shrugged.

"Kya hua Karan tum itne chup chup kyu ho" Vidhi asked turning towards him

"Nothing.. bas kuch soch raha tha... btao na Teja kya karna hain Friday ko?" Karan looked towards Teja.

"I don't know... Dekh lo jo bhi tum logo ko theek lage.. Mujhe koi issues ni hain kisi bhi plan se" Teja raised her eyebrows.

"Hmm.. ok to fir plan karte hain kuch" Karan said looking towards Vidhi.

They all wished each other goodbye and went back to their room.

Teja and Karan could not get anytime to talk about the gift that she asked for. She was eagerly waiting for his call.

"Hi Karan" Teja picked up the call immediately when she saw his name flashing on the screen.

"Hi.. kya kar rahi th?" He asked.

"Kuch ni bas terrace pe walk kar rahi thi.. aaj khana acha tha to overeating ho gai" She giggled.

"Thats True... the food was delicious" He agreed.

"Wo mujhe apko bolna tha ki... apne jo gift manga tha uske lie I am ready.. So i will have 1 in the morning and 1 after dinner" He continued.

"Ok.. See i am not forcing you so ..." She sounded non chalant but was jumping in joy.

"I know I know you are not forcing me.. but I also know ki isse tumhara koi fayda ni hain and mera hi hain... so lets try it." He told her.

"Ok.. great then... or btao abhi movie dekhoge ya kya?" She asked not dragging the topic further.

They talked for some more time and then disconnected the call.

After 2 days  Karan created a whatsapp group and added Nishant and Vidhi in it so that they can discuss Teja's birthday plans.

Karan : Hey Guys... kuch socha hain Teja ke birthday ka?
Nishant : Nope.. Vidhi usne tujhe kabhi kuch bola h ki wo kya karti hain hamesha apne birthday pa and all.
Vidhi : Naa... she is not very materialistic kinda person... she like good company and good food
Karan : Ok guys listen... birthday ki planning mujhpe chod do... you guys take care of the gift.
Nishant: Ok
Vidhi : But Karan tum kya soch rahe karne ki ye to btao... atleast hint to do
Karan : bta dunga chill.. bas ye yaad rakhna that we guys will leave our PGs on Thursday at 9 at night and wapas aenge Friday morning at 7... fir direct training attend karenge... then Friday night we will have dinner at her favourite place.
Nishant: Bahot zyada hectic ni hoga? Thursday night sone ko ni milega and then Friday ko training kaise attend karenge
Vidhi : Main to training me so jaungi
Karan: Guys ek din ki baat hain.
Nishant and Vidhi : Ok
Karan : Vishi bas tu ek kaam kar... facebook pe Teja ke bhai Pra ko friend request send karde and usse bolio ki Thursday night 12 baje hum log jun cake cut karenge tab unhe video call karenge... to wo bhi us moment me hamare sath honge and Teja ko bhi acha lagega
Vidhi : Ok... main kar dungi... waise nice idea buddy..
Karan : Thanks... chalo ab kal office me milte hain

They ended their group chat. Vidhi and Nishant have a personal chat for sometime discussing how excited Karan is for her birthday. 

Nishant : I am telling you again that Karan likes her.
Vidhi : ab to mujhe bhi lagta hain... jab hum sab bhi hote hain wo most of the time bas Teja se hi baat karne me interested hota hain.
Nishant : True.. Tujhe Teja ka kya scene lagta hain
Vidhi : I am not sure yaar... uska muje samjh ni aata... But one thing is true that wo bahot comfortable hain with him... more than she is with me.
Nishant : I agree on that
Vidhi : Let me send a request to Pra now
Nishant : hmm.. kal after office hum dono mall chalenge to buy a gift for her.
Vidhi : Ok... lets catchup tomorrow... Bbye.. Good Night

On the other hand Karan thought 'Aapko waise hi apne ghar ki bahot yaad aati hain... and ye first time hain ki aap apne birthday pe apni family se dur ho.. trust me i will do everything possible to make it as one of the best of your birthday celebrations. For sure main apki family ko to replace ni kar sakta par fir bhi I will make sure that you have a smile on your face throughout the day... Tumhari smile instantly mere chehre pe bhi smile le ati hain... I know tum jo mere lie feel karti ho and jo main tumhare lie karta hu wo bahot alag hain but I am more than happy hust being your friend'.

With these thoughts he went off to sleep.

Next day went off as usual. After having her dinner Teja went to the terrace and called Karan.

"Hi.. Ho gaya tumhara dinner" Karan asked after picking up her call.

"Yes.. tumhara ?" Teja asked.

"Haan mera bhi.." He replied

"To kya chal raha mere gift ka status.. aaj subah se kitni cigrattes pee tumne?" Teja delibrately  asked this as she saw him having a cigratte after lunch outside the office as well when she went out to collect her delivery from shopping app. She wanted to check if he would lie or not.

"Maine apko kaha tha I will have 1 in the morning and 1 after dinner but aaj 3 ho gai... I had one after lunch also" His voice was feeble.

"Ok... thats fine.. ye sirf aaj hi 3 hui hain ya har roz?" Teja was happy that atleast he was honest but wanted to know the truth too.

"Ni ni bas aaj hi... actually kuch soch raha tha isilie aaj dopahar ko bhi 1 le li" Karan was relaced now that atleast Teja is not upset with him.

"Ok.. koi problem... that you wanna discuss" She offered.

"Yea... I will talk about it with you but after your birthday... Kal Thursday hain and parso apka birthday ... so lets talk about it on Friday... abhi aap happy and excited raho" He replied.

"Ok but do share it with me if it makes you fell better" She sounded serious.

"Hmm.. aap upset to ni ho that I had 3 cigrattes today" Karan was hesitent.

"Actually I saw you in the afternoon having it... that why i asked you... but i am very happy that atleast you didn't lie to me" She said.

"You could have easily but still you didn't and I like that about you... " She continued.

"I will never lie to you... never ever... The comfort that I have with you is next level so I don't feel that there will be anything which i will have to hide from you" He was happy now.

"Hmm.. even i think the same" She reciprocated.

They continued chatting for some more time and then went off to sleep.

PS : Can you guys suggest any idea for Teja's birthday... something that you would like to read