Part 12

Around 2 weeks passed and they were busy with their trainings. Karan had still not told Anusha that he wants to end it but now he doesn't call her on his own. Their interaction has got reduced to hardly 5 mins daily that too if she calls him.

On the other hand Teja and Karan have become quite thick friends. Everyday after office they will spend sometime together. Sometime Nishant, Umar,Vidhi and Donal also used to accompany them.

Donal has also become a passive part of the group as she would join them sometimes for lunch and coffee whenever Umar used to be with them.

"To aaj shaam ko office ke baad kaha chalna h?" Karan asked turning towards Teja in the tea break.

"Tum dono har roz shaam ko bahar kyu jaate ho.. thakte ni ho kya office se" Nishant asked raising his eyebrows.

"Mera to clear hain m shaam ko room ke andar ni reh sakti... tab muje thodi der bahar open air me ya kahi restaurant me baith ke chill krna acha lagta hain... PG se office and office se PG... aise ni jee sakti main" Teja defended herself.

"And honestly muje tab company matter ni karti.. though i like having my friends with me but agar wo ni bhi ho tab bhi m bahar thodi der walk karke hi room me wapas jaungi" she continued.

"Tu kya itne sawal puch rahe hain.. khud jab Moose ke sath starbucks jata hain tab" she diverted the topic.

Karan thanked her in his heart that she changed the topic so now he doesnt has to answer. He knew he likes Teja's company thats why he tries to spend the maximum time with her... also he knew that she is a distraction which doesnt let him think about his failed relationship... also she is his sanity that lets him decide whats wrong and whats not... she is the one who brings clarity in his life.

"Moose ke sath to aise ni h yaar.. uski to training bhi humse alag hain so itna time milta hi ni hain during office timing" Nishant answered getting Karan out of his thoughts.

Once Teja started teasing him he left asking any further questions from her or Karan.

After sometime Karan realized that Teja was a bit unusual silent. She dint even talk much during coffee break. She was constantly on her phone. He was confused if there is some problem or something.

He wanted to ask her if she is okay but not in front of everyone. He was not getting time with her to ask her about this.

It was lunchtime now and everyone went to the cafeteria.

"Kya hua Karan aaj khana order ni karna?" Umar asked him when he dint join him in ordering indian thali.

"Aaj sandwich khane ka soch raha hu" Karan gave him the reason for not joining them on the thali counter.

"Tum and sandwich? Ye kab hua... tumhe to continental and italian bilkul ni pasand" Umar was surprised.

"Haan bas aise hi... chalo m order deke ata hua" saying this Karan quickly walked towards the sandwich counter as Teja was already placing her order.

"Mere lie bhi ek veg cheese sandwich and mint lemonade order kar dena" Karan said to Teja while she was doing the payment of her order.

Teja placed the order for both of them and did the payment too.

"Kya hua hain tumhe?" Karan turned towards Teja.

"Kuch bhi to ni... aise hi low on energy hu aaj" teja tried giving an excuse..

"aap kabhi low on energy ni hote unless you are unwell... just like last week when you were having ur periods... to ab sach btao kya hua hain" he looked into her eyes.

Teja turned her head to avoid having an eye contact with him.

"Agar kuch personal h to m force ni karunga but aap aise ache ni lag rhe muje itne chup chap islie pucha" karan understood her hesitation.

"Hmm.. sun aaj shaam ko beach resort chal sakte h kya??" Teja requested him.

"Haan chal sakte hain... bakio ko bhi bol deta hu... wo resort to sabhi ko acha laga tha jab hum last time gae the" Karan said turning his head towards the table where others were sitting.

"Sab ni... bas hum dono chalte hain... and plz this time the treat is on me" she was serious now.

"Ok... hum dono chalenge and bill ki discussion baad me kar lenge" he said turning back to look at her.

They went back and had their food with others. Karan was finding it difficult to have sandwich as it was very dry. So he actually took big bites and gulped it down with the lemonade.

When the day ended karan took out his phone and booked the cab for the resort.

"Nishant, Teja or m dinner ke lie ja rhe h... to shayad late au.." karan told him without any hesitation.

Nishant nodded as even he could figure out by now that Teja was a bit upset.

"Ye dono akele kyu ja rhe h? I mean or kisi se pucha bhi ni" Donal whispered in Umar's ear.

"I dont know may be koi baat karni hogi... hume kya" Umar shrugged.

Donal nodded her head but found it a bit weird.

The cab arrived and waved everyone and left. The drive was very silent. Teja was quite and Karan had noclue what has happened so was not able to initiate anything.

"Karan... bahar beach pe chalte h na?" Teja said after ordering some snacks on reaching the resort.

"Haan okay chalo..." he pushed his chair back to get up.

"Tum chaho to beer le sakte ho aaj... its ok" Teja offered.

Karan shook his head.

He knew that she doesnt enjoy in company of drunk guys. Also he does have a beer or two with his other female friend but never when it used to be just both of them.

"Mera mat soch... itz ok... aaj waise bhi raat ko tera and Nishant ka beer plan tha hi... i dont wanna ruin it." She insisted.

"Na... mera and uska plan tha but wo islie kyunki hum aise enjoy karte hain but apke sath m ek pepsi ke saath hi enjoy kar leta hu... trust me aap bahot ache friend ho and apki company usse bhi achi h" he said while moving towards the beach.

"Waise mere friend kehte hain ki m b theek thak dost hu so if u want you can share your problems with me... trust it will remain between us and i wont judge u as well" Karan was looking towards her who was looking at the beach in front of her.

"Problem to ni bas actually... " she sat on the sand and pulled him also to sit beside her