Part 33

"Beta.. bta tune kya kya leke jana hain wapas.... maine Pra se bol deti hu market se le aega" Teja's mother asker her.

'Socha to tha ki Karan le lie kaju barfi leke jaungi but abhi kuch mann ni hain' She thought.

"Kuch bhi de do mummy main le jaungi" Teja was uninterested.

"Kyu sad hain Teja... agar tera mann ni hain abhi wapas jaane ka to ticket postpone karwa le?" She kept her hand on her head.

'Wapas jana bhi chahti hu so that i can meet Karan... may be he has his answer ready... ni bhi jana chahti because i want to avoid meeting him... kuch samjh ni aa rha' She was confused.

"Ni mumma aaj hi wapas jana hain kal se office hain na... and main sad ni hu.. i am just lazy to get up from my bed and do things" She made an excuse.

"Or khilao is moti ko... bhains ban gai hain" Pra showed his tongue.

"Mat tang kar meri beti ko waise bhi next 2 hours me wo ja hi rahi hain" Her mother side hugged her and scolded Pra.

Pra went out to get somethings for her knowing that she is upset.

She got up and started packing up stuff so that she can leave in sometime.

Karan booked a rental car for few hours so that he can go and meet Anusha and then pick up Teja and take her on a long drive and then to some place where they can talk.

While going to Anusha's office he thought to gift few things to Teju. So he picked up a bouquet of red roses, a box of assorted chocolates, a box of donuts and few packets of blue chips for Teja and 2 cards, one saying sorry and other one saying I love and kept them on the backseat of the car.

He reached Anusha's office well in advance as he wanted to reach airport before time.

"Hey... sorry sorry aaj thodi late ho gai... last moment pe kuch kaam aa gya tha" Anusha said as she came out of the office.

She went ahead to hug him but he stepped back and forwarded his hand for a handshake.

"Ohhh okkkk" she raised her eyebrows and did a handshake.

"Chal lets go to cafe.. pass me hi hain" Anusha said.

"Ni... mujhe kahi or bhi jana hain... main late ho jaunga... lets talk here only" He replied.

"Meri office ke bahar mere colleagues bhi  aenge so koi na koi disturb karta rahega... pass me hi hain don't worry we will reach there in 5 mins" She insisted.

He agreed half heartedly and sat back in the car to go to the cafe.

"Itne sare gifts... date pe jaa raha hain kya" Anusha said as she sat in the car and looked at the back seat that was filled with gifts.

"ni.. actaully me mujhe yahi baat karni thi" He stopped his car at the side of the road.

"I like someone... so ..i mean... I don't know how to say this but hum jaise pehle the ab bhi waise ni reh sakte... I am pretty much sure agar tera bhi future me koi boyfriend hoga to usse bhi acha ni lagega agar tere and mere beech wo ek friend wali thin line ni hogi... so.. i was" Karan was not able to frame sentence to explain her the situation.

"I get it Karan.. you don't have to explain don't worry I will maintain respectable distance from you.. taki hamari friendship bhi rahe and tera current relationship bhi affect na ho" Anusha assured her.

"If I am not wrong shayad wo ladki Teja hi hain na" Anusha raised her eyebrows.

"Yes..." He whispered

"I am happy for you and i also hope that hamare breakup ka reason Teja ni thi... we broke up because you wanted to" She frowned

"Off course... Teja ka isme koi role ni hain.. i was feeling empty in this relationship that too from long... even the last chance that i gave you was an emotional decision though i wanted to step of out this relationship... so i broke up because I did not have any genuine feelings for you... and meeting Teja at the same time was a blessing" Karan justified his decision.

Karan was continously looking at his watch as he wanted to reach airport in time.

Anusha sensed that he was getting late so gave him a suggestion "I think you are getting late... jo baat cafe me karni thi wo yahi karli hain so you can drop me at my place directly and then leave... dost ke lie itna to kar hi sakta hain" 

Karan wanted to deny as her home was far but since she said 'dost ke lie' so finally agreed.

He took short cuts and drove fast to reach her place.

"Before i get down lets click a selfie" Anusha said and took out her phone.

He quickly posed for the selfie and left for the airport.

"Shit... aaj itna traffic hain main time pe kaise pahuchunga" He banged his hand on the steering.

Teja's plane landed and she was hoping that Karan will come to pick her up. She had some hope and happiness in the corner of her heart that she will be meeting Karan in few minutes.

Karan was still trying to take shorter routes to reach on time.

Teja came out of the airport and looked around to find Karan as he promised her before leaving that he will to pick her up when she comes back but he was nowhere to be seen.

He calculated that by now she would have taken her luggage so took out his phone and called her.

She had tears in her eyes on not finding him waiting for her. Soon she saw her phone was ringing and it was him. She disconnected the call in anger thinking 'bas yahi puchna hoga na ki m pahuch gai bangalore... ni baat karni mujhe terese'

She unlocked her phone to book the cab when she saw a message from Karan

Hey

I think you might have called just to ask if i have landed or not... yes i have.. leaving for PG... i dont want to talk to you for now so blocking you... and dont worry i will unblock you and send you a text once i reach my room and then will block you again... leave me alone for sometime.. bye

Karan read the message and  tried calling her again but could not reach through as he was blocked on her phone. He sighed in disappointment and  headed back to his PG.

Throughout the ride Teja had silent tears rolling down from her eyes. To distract herself she opened instagram and started checking stories of her friends.

She came across Anusha's story which had her and Karan's selfie with a caption 'Was lovely meeting you again today...Happy for you... All the best'.

'Aaj bhi ye isse milne gaya but mujhe pick karne ni aya' She closed her eyes and more tears flowed down from her eyes.

After sometime she reached her PG, took out her phone and unblocked Karan.

Reached PG... meri tension mat le I am fine and can take care of myself... I hope you had a nice time meeting and chilling with your 'friend' today...I will be on leave tomorrow so will meet u some other day...blocking you again... good night

She blocked him again and lied down on her bed and went off to sleep weeping. 

Note: This is the second last part of this story.. next and the last part will be published soon.

But remember sometimes fears and insecurities do break relationships and it does not always hold true that the best friends can be great couples though vice versa is true.

Isse pehle sab mujhe gaaliyaan de.... bbyeeee