Part 26

"I love you Teja... I really do" Karan said.

So badly, Teja wanted to hear these words. Happy tears rolled down from her eyes.

There was silence from both the sides.

"Tune promise kia tha ki dosti ni todegi... ab baat kyu ni kar rahi" Karan was scared.

"Huh.. sun rahi hu main" She gulped and tried to sound normal.

"Jabse hum friends bane the tab se there was a certain kind of attraction that i felt towards you... tere sath time spend kia... apni problems share ki... teri vulnerabilities dekhi tab i started liking you... tujhe mujhe sambhalte hue dekha... meri health ka dhyan rakhte hue mujhe cigratte chodne ko bolte hue dekha tab i started falling for you" He continued.

"Tu bahot zaruri hain Teja... abhi se ni bahot pehle se.. mujhe pehle ni lagta tha ki tu mere type ki hain but actually me terese milne ke baad mujhe pta chala ki mera type kya hain... jaise tu sherni banke lad jaati hain kisi se bhi... jaise tu chota sa bacha banke ek ice cream se khush ho jati hain.. jaise teri haasi mere chehre pe ek smile le aati hain... jaise tera thoda sa bhi mood off hota hain to mujhe lagta hain ki tujhe wapas smile karwana meri responsibility hain " His words made her too emotional.

"Tu bahot special hain... jab tu mera haath pakadti hain na to bahot acha lagta hain.. par ek second baad hi darr bhi lagta hain ki kahi tu haath chod na de... jab tu hug karti hain na to bas dunia ruk jaati hain mere lie... main kaha hu kya soch raha hu sab bhool jata hu... all i can feel is you... when we kissed it was something i cannot even describe in words... " She shivered hearing these words from him.

"Tujhe kuch ni kehna" He was nervous now.

Teja had a wide smiling and pool of tears throughout the confession but suddenly her lips lost their curve.

'Itna khush mat ho Teja... last time when he kissed you tab he was drunk as he had 2 beers at beach and aaj bhi he is drunk... may be alcohol ke baad ye emotional ho jata hain tab aise bolta hain because jab wo normal hota hain tab to kuch or hi hota hain... yaad hain na kiss ke baad next morning usne kaise tere sath kaise behave kia tha... pure week isne tujhse baat bhi ni ki.. he was unfazed... don't fall for this... he is drunk but you are sober right... he is just emotional due to his breakup and alcohol.. thats all... kal subah fir se uth ke is confession ke lie sorry bol dega.. get a hold of yourself girl.' Teja was a crying mess now.

"Naraz ho gai hain kya? I am sorry... tune hi zidd ki to maine bol dia" Karan was scared.

"Ni naraz ni hu.. I am okay and whatever you said is okay " Teja took few deep breaths.

"Tune bahot pee hui h better hain hum kal baat kare" She continued.

"But I love you" Karan wanted to get a reaction atleast.

"Maine kaha na thats ok.. chal kal milte hai.. good night" Teja spoke quickly and disconnected the call.

'Kya sach me wo mere lie kuch feel ni karti... atleast I am happy ki main usse apni feelings to bta paya but ab m usse time dunga to be normal with me again... and I will never bring this again in front of her' A tear rolled down Karan's cheek.

Teja spent sometime on the terrace trying to get hold of herself but her tears were betraying her.

*********************************************************

Next day Vidhi,  Teja and Karan gave a hug to Nishant before leaving Chennai. They also told him to try and get transferred to Bangalore soon.

The cab and bus bookings were done by their company. They also got 1 week of hotel stay sponsored by the company and post that they have to shift in their own accommodation.

Teja was avoiding any kind of eye contact with him. They were just talking necessary things with one another.

While they were seated in the bus for Bangalore Teja looked out of the window of the bus and recalled whatever happened last night.

'Teja you know that he is non confrontational to tujhe hi usse confront karna padega... ek baar usse baat kar and listen ki wo kya kehta hain and tab bhi agar wo bolta hain that he likes or loves you then you can tell him your true feelings as well... else be his friend and tell him to get a hold of himself and not to get trapped in a rebound and move ahead.. then you can also get a clarity... in sab complicated feelings ke chakkar me i don't want to loose a great friend like him.. He is an important part of my life right now... he is my family away from family' Teja closed his eyes and decided to initiate the conversation after reaching the hotel.

After reaching the hotel they checked in their respective rooms of the same hotel. Teja and Vidhi were sharing a room and Karan got a complete room to himself.

After taking shower and settling her things in the room Teja decided to talk to Karan now. 

"Vidhi.. you settle down I will be back in few mins" She opened the door of her room to step out.

"Ok.. but jaldi aio... I am hungry" Vidhi pouted.

"Haan.. even I am hungry.. bas 15 mins tak bahar chalte hain kuch khane.. Karan ko bhi m bol dungi... wo bhi chalega"  Teja said and left the room quickly.

'Breathe Teja Breathe... sab theek hoga... bas ye yaad rakh ki even at the end of this conversation you will have a great friend beside you... don't mess up... m still hoping ki kal raat usne jo bhi kaha wo aaj fir bol de... i want to be with him as his partner.. fingers crossed' Teja gave herself a pep talk and rang the bell of Karan's room.

"Yes" Karan opened the door.

"Kuch baat karni thi to socha yahi tumhare room me aa jati hu... lets clear out things na plz" Teja answered still standing outside the room.

'Yes even i wanted to... finally things will be better now' Karan got a smile on his face and thought that he won't loose a friend now

"Order aya kya humara... mujhe chai chahie yaar... Pehle to tune mujhe hotel ka name late message kia.. fir usse dhundhne me itni der lag gai and ab chai aane me itni der lag rahi hai " A female voice came from his room.

Teja frowned hearing the voice and Karan's smile went off.

"Kon hain andar?" Teja asked and pushed him aside.

"Teja I can explain" Karan was saying but till then Teja pushed him and was already inside the room.

Teja looked at the girl and then directly into his eyes. He could see tears ready to come out in no time in her eyes.

"Hi Anusha... I am Teja" She closed her eyes to compose herself and forwarded her hand towards her. 

Note : Sorry folks... life is complicated... specially the relationships... koi rishta khone ke darr se bahot baat hum log anjane me bhi galtiyaan kar dete

So what should happen next.
1. should Teja spend some more time with Karan to understand if his feelings are genuine
2. should she maintain distance from him to let him realize his true feelings
3. should she confess her own feelings.