Part 11

"Ni yaar.. abhi tak to koi bhi ni.. " She replied confidently.

"Ohk.. " Vidhi again started scrolling on her phone.

"Acha ek baat bta... agar you have a friend who starts liking you then?" Vidhi tried reading her expressions.

"What the hell is happening guys?" Teja was angry now.

"What happened?" Vidhi got up from her bed.

"Thodi der pehle Karan also asked me the same question... whats cooking guys?" Teja was suspicious now.

Vidhi was a bit surprised that why would Karan ask such a question from her. She got doubtful if what Nishant is thinking is correct and Karan genuinely has a liking for her. 

"Nothing yaar... stop connecting two very different conversations... mujhe to pata bhi ni tha ke teri and Karan ki kya baat hui" She defended herself.

"Acha bta na... what will you do in such a scenario" Vidhi insisted.

"Why is everyone after my life to think about this" Teja was irritated now.

"Achha lets leave it... ye bata agar Umar jo ki mera friend hain usse pata chal gaya that i like him to kya hoga" Vidhi understood that she is doubting her now.

"Mujhe kaise pata ki wo kaise react karega... hey but do you genuinely like him" Teja looked at her surprisingly.

"Ni.. matlab i dont know yaar... i think abhi crush hain.." she replied casually.

"Tabhi to tujhse puch rahi hu na... consider yourself at Umar's place .. and agar tera friend tujhe bolta I like you tu kaise react karti.. I am asking all this just to rule out all the possibilities of Umar's reaction" she gave a lot of justification so that Teja doesn't doubt on her.

"Listen.. ye bahot vague question h... If my friend likes me to depend karta hain na ki what I feel for him ussi ke accroding reaction hoga". Teja replied casually.

"But considering my current state of mind... agar koi friend likes me to wo friendship over." Teja stated her points.

"What? friendship over matlab?" Vidhi was worried now.

"Right now mujhe koi relationship ka jhama ni chahie.. I am done for now... to abhi koi friend hain to acha h... uske aage agar kuch bhi hua uski side se to I will step back from the friendship also because mujhe koi wrong signal ni dena hain.. I dont want that ek tarfa wali liking and love shit". Teja gave her reasoning.

"But haan may be after few years when i plan to settle down and tab koi friend ki side se aisa kuch ho to i might give him a chance but abhi ke lie either just friends or no friendship at all" Teja continued.

"Ok.. fair enough" Vidhi accepted her point of view.

They talked for sometime and then both of them also went off to sleep. Before sleeping Vidhi decided to talk about her conversation with Teja to Nishant so that later on there are no issues in their group.

Next day they all met in office.

"Aaj chai ni peeni tumne?" Karan asked turning towards Teja.

"Peeni hain.. chalo chale?" Teja replied looking at everyone.

"I don't want to.. u guys carry on" Vidhi said signalling Nishant to stay here.

"Hmm.. mera bhi mann ni hain.. tum log jao" Nishant understood Vidhi's signal.

Nishant and Vidhi stayed in the room and other two went to have coffee.

Vidhi told Nishant about the conversation that she had with Teja. 

"Ohk.. abhi to Karan ne bhi kuch bola ni hain muje about liking and all...but mujhe aisa lagta hain that he has something for her" Nishant stated.

"Hmm.. muje to ni lagta ki teja ke side se kuch bhi hain yaar... wo usko just a friend treat karti h... but I am not understanding ki Karan ki girlfriend hain fir bhi..." Vidhi was so unsure of what to say next.

"Karan and Anusha ka to bahot complicated hain... unke beech muje kuch pyaar dikhta ni hain... wo dono na phone pe baat karte hain na kuch... koi chemistry hi ni dikhti... Anusha se zyada to Teja ke baare me baaten karta hain Karan" Nishant said.

Vidhi hummed.

On the other side, in the cafeteria Teja told Karan that she thought about the question that he asked her last night. She told that she will not be friend with a guy who likes her.

On hearing these words, Karan's face became expressionless.

"Kya hua?Aise kyu dekh rahe ho?" Teja asked him on seeing his shocked face.

"Ni ni .. jaldi chai peeyo fir wapas chalte hain" Karan wanted to end this topic.

When the day ended and everyone went back to their PG.

Karan was thinking 'Teja ki baat sunke muje thoda bura kyu lage?'

"Do u like Teja?" Nishant asked Karan when he saw that he is in deep thoughts.

"Yes" He answered absent mindedly and then suddenly came out of his thoughts to realize what he replied.

"I mean yes i like her as a friend.. I am fond of her... but sab kuch as a friend.. u know na I have Anusha in my life" Karan tried contolling the damage that he has done.

"hmm... ok ... as u say" Nishant replied but was not fully convinced.

Karan again thought 'Kya kar raha hu main... Thank God Nishant ko mere and Anusha ke rishte ki reality ni pata.. ussi ka naam leke back gaya main... but maine yes kyu bola... I have to be very careful now taki main Teja k samne aisa kuch nabol du jisse ki wo uncomfortable ho and hamari friendship me problem aye'.

With his deep thoughts he went to sleep.