Part 32

Karan gets up in the middle of the night because of thirst. He picked up his bottle and had few sips of water and lied down on his bed again. He kept his head on the pillow and opened an eye just to check if he got any message from Teja.

On seeing the notification of the audio message he quickly opened his other eye as well. He plugged in the earphones and got more cozy in the bed pulling his duvet till his head. With heart full of excitement and a wide smile on his face he played the audio.

By the time the audio ended he was shocked beyond wits... tears were flowing down from his eyes and his head was paining due to the alcohol effect and what he just heard.

'Rebound?? Ye aisa soch bhi kaise sakti hain? I love her... Anusha is not there in the scene at all.. usko abh bhi mere pyaar pe bharosa ni hain kya?'

With these thoughts he started crying profusely now. After few minutes he took a big sip of water and wiped his tears and running nose.

"Sanjay...uth na yaar?" Karan could not think straight so quickly dialed his friend.

"Hmm.. Kya hua... why are you sounding like this" Sanjay quickly got up from his bed sensing something is wrong from Karan's voice.

"Yaar sab gadbad ho gai" He said and started sobbing.

"Karan calm yourself and bta hua kya hain?"Sanjay said.

He told him about the reunion and also the message that Teja sent to him. He was sobbing loudly now.

"Ok.. Karan pehle to take few deep breaths and calm down and send me the pics and video that you sent her." Sanjay said.

"Bhej di tujhe bhi pics and video" Karan composed himself. 

After having a look at the pics he took a deep breath.

"Firstly you havn't lost her so relax.. agar usko tujhe chodna hi hota to end me ni bolti ki I will always be your friend... Secondly tune jab I love you bola tab usne kya jawab dia tha?" Sanjay asked.

"Tab she just said okay... but kal raat ko she said that she likes me and from her gestures and what i see in her eyes it is more than liking" Karan replied.

"Ok so you very well know that she likes you.. but ek bar uski jagah reh kar bhi soch yaar.. tum dono 7 months pehle mile the... during this time only you broke up and then fell in love with her... though your relationship with Anusha was just for namesake but it was there right... so she will have her fears and doubt... bahot normal hain ye to" Sanjay explained.

"Usne tujhe kaha tha ki lets not tell anyone about us... but tu atleast college friends ko to bta sakta tha na that you and Anusha are not together now... and Anusha ko apne and Teja ke baare me bta sakta... this way she would have maintained some distance from you and also friends bhi tujhe tease ni karte." He continued.

"Sab college ke dost the yaar.. unhe kya btata" Karan frowned.

"Exactly my point... hamare school friends and college friends ke according you guys are madly in love.. they don't know ki tumhare beech kya issues the.. so agar kisi ko bhi one shot me tere and Teja ke baare me pata chalega to wo usse hi galat samjhenge... May be Teja ko ye lagta ho ki since tere pas Chennai me koi ni tha thats why you fell for her and now since Anusha is back so you might back off... uski baat puri justified hain Karan... main usse galat ni bolunga" Sanjay shared his viewpoint.

"But main or Anusha childhood friends the... after breakup bhi hain to..." he was confused and could not put it in words.

"Childhood friend and girlfriend me farak hota hain yaar... breakup ke baad bhi tum friends ho but thoda to farak aega na how you guys used to behave before and now... just imagine agar Teja same karti to tu okay hota kya? Agar teja ke friends tere samne usse kisi or ke naam se tease karte to?" Sanjay asked knowing his possessive side very well.

"Nahi kabhi bhi ni... mera dimaag khrab ho jata... " Karan was serious.

"Then how can you expect her to be okay ... Listen I don't know how you should do these things but firstly let your friends know about your and Anusha's break up and let her know about you and Teja... thoda distance maintain kar and try to win over Teja's trust as her boyfriend.. For sure she trusts you as a friend but as a boyfriend you might have to work a bit " Sanjay shrugged 

"Yes may be you are right... kuch sochta hu... I will make this work... Teja galat ni hain yaar... main uski jagah hota to pata ni kya hi karta... Thanks for explaining me all this" Karan understood his mistake.

They talked to each other for some more time and then slept again.

**********

"Galti to tune ki hain... to in sab ko theek kar before you make meet her tonight" Karan woke up and gave himself a pep talk.

Teja on the other hand kept checking her phone to see if there is any message from him.

Hey guys it was lovely meeting you all yesterday... purani yaaden taza ho gai... but i think you guys were not aware that Anusha and I are not together from past few months... probably an year... due to some compatibility issues... but we still remain friends... so i hope that next time when we meet tab kuch aisi harkat mat karna ki hamari dosti bhi khrab ho

Karan sent this message on his whatsapp group that his college friends had. Some of them were initially shocked but then could not do anything about it.

'Ok.. so pehla kaam done... college friends ko bta dia hain... school friends ko to Sanjay bta dega main usse bol dunga.. now the last thing... mujhe Anusha se milke baat clear karni hain and then i will go to pick Teja from the airport and sab sort out kar dunga' Karan thought and opened personal chat window to talk to Anusha privately.

Hey

Hi.. tune group me bta dia sabko.. ni bhi btate to kya hi farak padta?

Actually main btana chahta tha so that it is easier for you and me to move ahead

hmm.. makes sense

Acha i wanted to meet you for sometime

Kal mile?

Ni kal ni... mera office hain kal se.. aaj shaam ko mil sakte hain.. i can come to near your office and we can sit and talk in some cafe

Ok... my office will get over by 6:30 so tab milte hain.

'6:30? Teja ki flight 8:45 pe land hogi ... bahot cut to cut ho jaega... but better hain that main sab kuch clear karke hi usse milu... i need to make her feel that she is not my infatuation or rebound... she is the one who i truly love and want to have my companion for life' he thought and agreed to meet her at 6:30.

Note : What do you guys thinks is this another mistake that Karan is making... or is he taking the right step.