|| Date Night ||

Lumax
Per usual, before season three, after season 2
|| Max's POV ||
  "Lucas, where are you taking me?" Max asked for about the millionth time. Lucas had told her that he was taking her on a date, since they hadn't gone out together for a little while, and insisted on her wearing a blindfold. It was 8:30 pm when they left Lucas's house and they'd been walking for at least ten minutes. And during that time, not one minute had gone by where Max hadn't been complaining.
  "It's a surprise! You trust me don't you?"
  "Of course I do, but is the blindfold really necessary?"
  "Yes! You can't see where we're going or it's not a surprise."
  "Ugh, how much longer?"
  "We're almost there, just a little bit farther." Lucas lead Max through this unknown territory. Max could hear leaves crunching under their feet, but that wasn't enough to tell her about where they were. After another five minutes of walking, Max started complaining again.
  "Lucas~" She drug out his name. There was no response. Lucas stopped leading her and she stood still in the unknown area, blindfolded. "Lucas?" She called again. To this, Max felt the blindfold being pulled off her. Finally, she could see Lucas standing in front of her, a stupid grin plastered on his face. They were standing in the woods, that Max knew, but the reason was unknown to her. "Where the hell are we, Stalker?"
  "You'll see. Come on." He grabbed her hand and lead her to where the trees started thinning out, and grassy plains began. The sun had completely gone down and the first few stars were starting to show through.
  "Okay, we're actually almost there now." Lucas informed Max as they neared the top of the hill they started climbing.
  "Thank god." Max murmured.
  "Close your eyes." Lucas stoped her.
  "Then what was the point of taking the blindfold off?"
  "To stop you from complaining. Now close those eyes."
  "Ughh."
  "Just do it, please?"
  "Fine, but this better be good." She slightly grinned at her boyfriend, closing her eyes slowly. They continued walking walking for a bit, before Lucas spoke once more, "Okay, ready?"
  "Ready as I'll ever be."
  "Okay, uh open your eyes." Max opened her eyes and was wowed by what she saw. There was a couple blankets and pillows laid out on the grass, and a basket presumably filled with snacks laying near the corner of one of the blankets. There were candles lighting around the set up as well.
  a/n: kinda what the set up looks like

  "Oh my god, Lucas.." She murmured under her breath, astonishment weighing down her tone.
  "Well, I thought that since you like Star-gazing and stuff, and this is the highest point in Hawkins and I know this is kinda cheesy but-" Lucas was cut off by Max pressing her lips to his.
  "It's perfect, thank you."
  "I-Uh your welcome?" He said it like it was a question. Max chuckled and grabbed Lucas's hand, pulling him over to the blankets. They sat down together, Max pressing herself close to her boyfriend. It wasn't a particularly cold night, since summer was just around the corner, but Max used that as an excuse to be as close as possible to Lucas, even though it's not like she needed one. Lucas wrapped his arms around her, pulling her gently towards him.
  The view was breathtaking. Millions upon millions of stars dotted the sky, blue, purple and dark red streaks gleaming brightly in between. The stars had always comforted Max. Because no matter how many things she lost in life, she would never lose the stars. They'd always be there, no matter what.
  "Hey, look at that." Lucas pointed over to a shooting star streaming across the sky.
  "Wow, that's a big one." Max giggled a little. She rarely showed her soft side, but when she did, it was only with Lucas.
  "Look at that one." Max pointed opposite to where Lucas had. He let out a satisfied sigh that told Max he was looking.
  After that, the two sat in comfortable silence, occasionally glancing up or down at each other.  Max hesitantly snuggled closer to Lucas, laying her head in his lap. In a way, feeling Lucas's body heat against her skin soothed her. It was like everything in the world faded away, leaving only those two teens and the stars, that seemed never ending. Max hadn't felt this relaxed in a while. Her life at home wasn't the best, but had it ever been? Not really. Well, it used to be, but not anymore. The only time she felt true happiness, was with the party, with Lucas. Throughout Max's life, she'd lost many things, including people she cared for. She had lost hope in things lasting forever. That is, until she'd met Lucas. Max didn't know if anything lasted forever, but she knew that they would.
  a/n: lol I really like the one shot. I know I've only done lumax so far, but that's bc I don't have any ideas fo mileven, so if you have requests, please comment them! Also I know this doesn't have an amazing ending bc I'm horrible at figuring out how to end chapters. Anyway, thanks for reading this and cya next time!
  -Allie
  P.S. I haven't proof read this bc it's literally 12:07 am rn so I need to go to bed. Sorry if there's any mistakes :)