|| Our Little Secret, Pt 2 ||

This is the second part to my previous one shot, so read that one before this one :)
|| Max's POV ||
It had been two months since the snowball, and Lucas and Max had successfully kept Wills mouth shut. He had tried to reveal what's going on between the two numerous times, but luckily never succeeded.
Annoying little shit. Max thought bitterly, as she watched Will cast amused side glances as the her and Lucas. They were all hanging out in Mikes basement, playing DnD. Max had little interest in the game and mostly just talked with Eleven, who had recently become her friend. They were both sitting on the ground a few feet away from the boys.
"Do you like Lucas?" Eleven suddenly asked.
"W-What?" Max asked, her face becoming flushed.
"Do you like Lucas?" Eleven repeated. Max had no clue how to respond.
"W-Why are you asking me?"
"Mike talked about how Lucas likes you. You live him back?" Eleven explained, leaning closer to her.
"Uh-" Max cast quick glances at the boys who were huddled around the table, "I don't know what your talking about."
"Really? Because I think he already knows."
"What makes you say that?"
"Because he is always staring at you." She pointed out plainly. Max could feel herself getting redder by the minute.
"I think that's not really-" Max was cut off by Mike's loud voice.
"Ha! Will the Wise, what's your action?" He yelled urgently. Looking back at El, Max was met with a curios and some what amused face. This pushed Max over the edge.
"Lucas and I are just friends!" Max stood up, crossed her arms, and walked over to the table the boys were at.
"I'm leaving, this shit is boring." Max gestures to the table, hopefully drawing the attention away from the redness of her face.
Lucas and Dustin looked confused, Mike looked annoyed, Will looked like he was about to die of laughter. Im gonna wipe that smug look right off his stupid- Max's thoughts were cut off by Eleven walking up behind her, looking even more confused than the boys.
"Did I say something wrong?" She fretted, her eyebrows furrowing.
"No-No El you didn't say anything wrong." Max shook her head.
"What is happening?" Mike jumped in the conversation angrily, standing up from his chair to wrap his arm around El.
"Nothing!" Max caught Lucas's gaze and held it for a minute before saying, "I'm leaving."
"Max!" Max could hear Lucas call after her as she stormed up the stairs.
|| Lucas's POV ||
"Max!" Lucas called after the girl that had dashed out of the basement.
"What the hell was that?" Mike asked in his usual annoyed voice, his arm still wrapped protectively around El.
  "Aren't you going after her?" Dustin asked.
"Uh-yeah. I'll be back guys."
  Lucas started up the stares and put the front door, looking around for the redhead. After a little bit of walking, he found her leaned up against a tree. Her face was still a light shade of pink.
  "Max?"
  "Hey Stalker." She said, sounded oddly calm.
  "What happened back there?" Lucas sat down next to her, gently touching his shoulder to hers.
  "El asked if I liked you.." Max huffed out. 
  "Oh..And what's the verdict?"
  "I don't. Your a jerk and super annoying." Max grinned a little and the redness in her face mostly fizzled out.
  "Oh how unfortunate." Lucas poked Max in the stomach, to which she giggled and pushed him off.
  "Well, I do think we should tell them about us, you know. Because they're already starting to figure it out." Lucas said with an exasperated sigh.
  "Yeah..and we need to do it before that little shit Will does."
  "True." Lucas said with an eye roll. He heaved himself up and placed his hand out of Max to take, "My lady." He said alluringly. Instead of taking Lucas's hand, Max stood up effortlessly on her own and smirked at Lucas.
  "Come on. We don't have all day." She said as she walked down the road toward the Wheelers house.
Once they arrived back at Mike's house, they came down stairs to see everyone already sitting together on the couch. How convenient. Lucas thought.
"So-uh we've got something to..tell you all." Lucas began slowly, scratching the back of his head.
"Okay?" Dustin said with a raised eyebrow.
"So..you know how Max joined the party and stuff..and-" Lucas's slow explanation was cut off by Max.
"Holy shit Lucas. Let's hurry this up. We're dating and we kissed at the snowball." Lucas expected everyone to gasp and be surprised, but no one's expression changed.
"Is that it?" Mike raised his eyebrow in confusion.
"What do you mean 'is that it'" Lucas asked, raising his hands in confusion and annoyance.
"We knew that you were dating since the snowball. Will told us." Dustin informed the couple, who looked angrily at Will. Will, who had been slowly standing up from the couch during this whole conversation, looked quite nervous.
"Hehe..congratulations on telling everyone..?" He murmured, giving an awkward smile.
"I'm going to smash your head in with a rock!" Max yelled and charged in Wills direction. Will speedily dashed out of the basement door and up the stairs.
  "I'm sorry! It just slipped out one day!"  Will yelled as he left the front door.
  a/n: holy hell this is actual shit. Definitely my worst update ever. It's so rushed and I'm sorry for that. My parents came into my room and yelled at me to go to bed, so I didn't have time to write this the way I wanted too. Also, Ik in my last update I said I would post twice this week but I've been more busy than I except. Cheers starting in like a week so I will probably return to posting once a week. I'll still be taking requests and I'll get to them as fast as possible. Thanks again for the support, I do appreciate it :)
  With that, my last apologies for whatever this is, I promise my writing will get better <3
-Allie

P.S. I might rewrite this later bc it's making me so uncomfortable rereading it lmao