|| You up? ||

Request from @sturnsink!
|| Lucas's POV ||
  Lucas shot awake to the sound of his phone ringing. "shit!" he yelped, as the loud ringing pierced his ears. he gave a quick glance to his alarm clock, reading: 1:34. Who the hell is calling me in the middle of the night?

  He picked up, and in his half asleep state, didn't even say anything. His silence was met with more silence. But this didn't register in Lucas's mind.

  After a few more moments of quiet, Lucas heard soft sniffles on the other end of the phone. A sound he knew all too well.

  "Hey stalker. You up?" Max murmured into the phone, very obviously forcing her voice not to shake. The sound of Max's upset voice finally snapped Lucas out of his half asleep state.

  "Hey Max. What's up? Are you-" Max didn't let him finish.

  "Okay? Yea uhm. . not really." Her voice shook, and she sniffled.

  Lucas shifted in his bed, "What happened, baby?" He said in a calm voice.

  ". . ." Max sucked in her breath hard before speaking. "I had a nightmare."

  "Oh, baby i'm sorry. do you want to talk ab-"

  "No!" Max cut him off again, her voice sounding urgent and afraid. "I-I mean i don't want to." Lucas was caught off guard by max's reaction.

  "Okay, Okay. We don't have to." He soothed her, listening to her breathing slow.

  After a few moments of quiet, Max spoke again. "I'm sorry." Lucas knew she wasn't trying to be rude, or snappy. But Max wasn't usually like this, even when she had a nightmare, so he knew that it must have been a bad one.

"It's okay, Max. Just breathe, okay? I'll stay on the phone with you." Lucas heard a quiet sigh of relief and some shuffling.

Lucas leaned back, holding the phone to his ear and pulling his blanket back up to his chest. They sat in silence for a bit. Lucas listened to the sound of his girlfriend's breathing slow.

Once Lucas thought she was asleep, he was ready to try and fall asleep himself, when a whisper came through the phone.

"I love you Lucas."

"I love you too, Max."

a/n: another short one but i think it's cute! thank you for all the votes and comment i love them all so so so much! and requests are still open btw
-allie <3