|| The White Cat Down The Street ||

Starts at the end of the summer of 85, if Billy never died. There will be a couple time skips in this so be ready :)
|| Max's POV ||
  Max was sitting at her desk in her bedroom when she heard scratching at her window. Lucas? She thought. He said he wasn't going to be able to make it today since his sister was sick and he was 'contagious' or something.
  "Lucas? I thought you weren't coming." Max called from her desk, not bothering to get up. Billy was at some end of summer party and her mom and Neil weren't home so there was no one home but her. She could be as loud as she wanted.
  There was no response, causing Max to call a couple more times. The scratching continued. She angrily stood up and walked over to the window, swiping away the curtains and opening the window in one swift motion.
  Instead of seeing her boyfriend standing outside, she didn't see anything. What the hell? Max looked around a little more, finally glancing at the small roof that was just below the window sill. There, she saw a small, white, fluffy kitten with gray patches sitting, it's blue eyes fixed on Max.
  "Oh, hello." Max said, somewhat startled. This was the last thing she expected. The cat let out a small meow and walked in the open window, landing gracefully on the floor. "Let yourself in why don't you?" Max said sarcastically, following the fluffy kitten around the room, "Make yourself at home." She added. As if in response, the kitten jumped up on Max's bed, spun around slowly on her pillow and curled up, it's tail resting on it's nose.
  "Excuse me?" Max scoffed. The small fluff ball took no notice. "Well..it'd be wrong to kick out such a beautiful cat, wouldn't it?" Wait, am I having a full on conversation with a cat? Seriously? Max chuckled at the whole situation. She walked back to her desk and finished up her drawing, occasionally glancing back at the sleepy kitten on her pillow.
|| Time skip to a few weeks later, by now Lucas has met the cat and it comes around almost every day. Max has named it Blizzard. ||
  Max sat on her backyard grass with her new friend Blizzard. Blizzard would come around Max's window every night at around 6, maybe a little later.
  Max had named her Blizzard because of her long white and gray fur, though she usually called her by a nickname like Blizzy or Bliz.
  The party had met the fluffy cat a couple times, and they all liked her. It took El a little longer to get used to the cat, something happened back at the lab with a cat that made her a little nervous around them.
  "Hey, Blizzy! Come here!" Max called to the cat who ran off into the woods after something she heard. "Bliz?" Usually after the second time of calling her, she'd run back through the trees, a leaf or large stick in her mouth, but the cat hadn't came back.
  "Blizzy? Blizzard?" Max stood up and looked around, there was no sign of the fluffy cat.
Suddenly a twig snapped behind Max and she spun around to see Lucas with Blizzard at his feet.
  "Lucas! You scared the shit out of me!" She walked toward Lucas, "There you are, Bliz!" She acknowledge the cat.
  "Hey Max, I heard you out in the back yard and saw Blizzy here running toward me." He informed her. Max bent down to pick up the ball of fluff.
"This little shit snuck in my room last night, I thought she was one of those demedogs." Max laughed, looking down at the kitten in her arms.
"No kidding." Lucas smirked at the cat, and then back up at Max. The two sat down and let the cat run around a bit.
"You really love this cat." Lucas said out of the blue.
"Yep." Max smiled as Blizzard ran back out of the woods, proudly hauling a stick in her mouth.
"I guess your pretty cute, aren't you Bliz?" He reached out and patted her head. The kitten raised her head at his touch, purring happily.
|| Last time skip, I swear. Let's just say another couple of weeks ||
Lucas was biking around the town, not having any particular destination in mind. He soon rounded the corner near Max's house and saw the redhead crouched on the side of the road. The hell? He thought as he neared where she was. As he slowed his bike to a stop, he could see Max better. She was on her knees crouched down next to a foreign objet Lucas couldn't recognize.
  "Max what are you.." Lucas trailed off as he got off his bike and walked over to her. Soon enough he was standing beside her and could see what she was looking at. In front of her lay a scruffy white and gray kitten. Patches of the kitten's fur stuck together in large red clumps, and one of its hind legs were bend abnormally and Lucas could see what he thought was its bone sticking out. It was a horrible sight.
  "..Billy hit her with his car..I tried to stop him lucas, I really did.." Max murmured shakily, her words frequently cut off by sobs and gasps for air. Immediately Lucas bent down to comfort the red headed girl, wrapping his arms around her in a tight embrace. He tried to hold her head close to his chest, turning her away from the poor cat that Max had grown so fond of those past few months, but her gaze never left the mangled corpse in front of the couple.
Lucas knew there was nothing he could say to relive the pain Max was feeling, so all he could do was hold her tighter in his grasp.
At last, the silence was broken by Max pulling away from Lucas, and resting her hand on the kittens soft, white fur. "I-I will miss y-you, my love.."
a/n: soo this was kinda sad ;(. I wrote this a little before my cats went missing and was planning to post it the day they actually went missing, but I think you can understand why I didn't. Anyway, I am a little torn here, do you think I should put trigger warnings on these types of oneshots? Bc I put a big disclaimer for all my oneshots in the first post. Comment below if you think I should put individual warnings. Ty soooo much for reading! And don't forget to vote!
-Allie