Leaving For Work

"Baby you gotta let me go." I wiggled around in the strong arms that refused to let me go to work.

"Nuh uh." Was all I got in return. I let out a sigh and tried to wriggle around some more only for his grip to tighten.

"Baby, I gotta go to work." I have up and fell limp in his arms and he pulled me closer.

"I don't want you to go yet." He whined. He was most likely still half-asleep or he's just being clingy this morning.

"You're acting like a toddler." I strained to get out his arms and tried to crawl out of them but he flipped me around so we were face to face.

"Do you have to go today?" He said softly, quietly, and leaned into the crook of my neck

"That's how we pay the bills." I said I was out of breath but when I looked into his soft green eyes I melted a little more.

"Why can't you take the day off and just stay?" His grip loosened and he held me for what felt like forever. I debated the several possibilities and consequences I would face tomorrow.

"Let me go for just a minute." I kissed his nose and he grumbled something about me running away before complying and letting me roll out of bed. I stepped into the bathroom and texted my boss how I wasn't feeling well and had to stay home.

"The things I do for this toddler." I muttered.

"Are you gonna leave me?" I heard his soft morning voice.

"I'm not leaving you, you big baby." I heard him chuckle slightly and pulled me back in to bed. He trapped me in his arm cage again while I turned around so I could lay my head on his chest.

"You didn't have to stay home." He said quietly.

"I doubt you would've let me go anyways." I said, I traced his chest with my fingers and felt him lean into me more as he placed soft kisses on my head.

"You're always so beautiful in the mornings." He whispered into my hair.

"I'll just work from home." I muttered.

"Why?" He sounded clueless. I rolled my eyes.

"I like waking up next to you." I admitted, I hushed the last part.

"Hmm? What was that? I didn't quite hear you?" He teased me and I shook my head before completely relaxing into his arms.

"I said I like waking up to my clingy husband in the morning." He raised an eyebrow and shook his head rolling his eyes playfully.

"Well then I like waking up to tease my wife about her beautiful smile." He gave me his big smile with dimples and I kissed his forehead.

"God I love you." I whispered. He hung onto me before kissing me slowly on the lips.

"I bet I love you more." He smirked when I hit his shoulder.

"Yeah right." I let out a soft sigh and snuggled into his chest. Letting his warm arms hold me as I drifted back off into sleep.