Fish in the Sea

I put on the snorkel mask and fins and waited for my boyfriend as he struggled to put on one of the fins.

"Zayn?" His head snapped up and he finally got the fin on before waddling over to me like a baby penguin.

"Stupid fins." He grumbled.

"Don't be such a baby." I teased as I gave him a soft poke to the chest.

"Do that again I might throw you in." He smirked as he snatched my hand when I tried to poke him again. He raised an eyebrow and I gulped before he leaned in and picked me up by the waist.

"Wait wait! I'll stop!" I panicked and he lowered me down and snatched a quick kiss from me before putting me all the way down.

I stepped into the cold water and gripped Zayn's arm for support. I fully submersed my body into the water and watched as Zayn also entered the water. I watched his tattooed muscular body slowly disappear under the clear blue surface before making its way over to me.

"It's cold." He muttered with a scowl on his face as he swam closer to me.

"Ready?" I asked as I lowered my goggles he smiled a little before putting on his own goggles and snorkel before helping me with mine. He mumbled something but I couldn't quite make it out with the snorkel in his mouth. Something along the lines of "what would you do without me" most likely.

We both dove under the surface and below the water was fish all different colors. I pointed and when I looked at Zayn he was just staring at me. I rolled my eyes a little as he swam around me. He was watching me carefully probably paranoid a shark would come out of nowhere and take his precious soulmate from him. I couldn't help but laugh a little. That gave me a little taste of salt water and when Zayn saw the excessive amount of bubbles I knew he panicked.

"Are you okay?" He had worry written all over his face he had helped me back to the surface of the water.

"I'm fine. It's a little salty." I gave him a small smile and his face relaxed.

"Okay." He kissed my forehead.

"Can we go back to the boat?" I asked and he nodded and helped me back to the boat and wrapped me in a towel before laying next to me.

"You're so beautiful." He said softly while running his hand up and down my spine. I hummed in response and when I opened my eyes a little he kissed my cheek and I closed my eyes as he pulled me into his side.

"So beautiful."