Netflix & Chill

I flipped down next to the intimidating blonde man who was glaring daggers into my head. I had dragged him out of a nap so he could watch a movie with me. I had to apologize several times but when I snuggled into his side and pulled a blanket over us he relaxed and wrapped his arm around me.

Then grabbed a handful of my popcorn! I smacked his hand until I pressed play on the movie and he chuckled as he placed the popcorn in his mouth with a large crunch.

"Jerk." I muttered as I placed the bowl farther away from his needy hands.

"Princess." He kissed my temple and leaned passed me to grab another handful.

"I should've let you stay asleep." I grumbled as I kissed his cheek.

"Then you wouldn't be able to enjoy your popcorn and this movie with me." He chuckled as he started to kiss my jaw and down my neck.

"You're right I would just have more popcorn." I turned and he smashed his lips onto mine.

"But then wouldn't be able to be smothered in kisses." He smiled against my lips as he ran his fingers along my jaw and pulled me back in.

It was warm and safe this kiss his arms snaked around my waist. Pulling me into his chest and falling back onto the couch.

"You're so beautiful." He mumbled. He filled my ears with sweet things in between his quick kisses.

"Stop just..." he stopped when I pressed against his chest.

"What's wrong?" He asked and his eyes were filled with concern.

"We're missing the movie and your kisses....they're..." I trailed off and hit my lip as I looked up into his eyes. Unsure.

"What's wrong with my kisses princess?" He ran his fingers through my hair and tucked some behind my ear.

"They're too short." I said softly, almost a whisper.

"Then come here." He pulled me back down into a long deep kiss. Once again wrapping me in a safe warm blanket.

Love should be a blanket of safety not a blanket of thorns.